• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where Will the Powder Fall this Weekend

catskills

No deep powder north of I84. :cry::cry: Maybe 2 inches. Or if you believe the NAM model we get deep powder north of I84 and possibly all the way up into VT and NH.

Here is a long video from Hudson Valley Weather describing the complexity of this storm and predicting snow fall depths for upstate NY, MA, VT, NH because the different models are predicting different results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNZqoTTHQUo&feature=youtu.be

Mountain Creek NJ is the place to be this weekend for guaranteed face shots. If your being pulled by a snowmobile that is. Maybe even Mt Peter in southern NY will get some deep powder.

Stay tune it could change.
http://www.hudsonvalleyweather.com/

MEtoVTSkier

Well, on the bright side, the snow-making equipment manufacturers should be getting some extra business this year with all the mountains finding their respective weak spots and areas needing improvement. A little bump in that specific area of the economy anyhow.

I'd say we're going to see a slightly higher than normal level of Cap-Ex announcements that have to do with snowmaking improvements this spring/summer. High tech is going to be edging out the older snow-making styles. The ability to make more, with less, for lower cost, in warmers temps, in less time....

4aprice

Hopefully it will fall at Camelback where I will be, however, even if it doesn't I want to give kudo's to my home bump for once again getting the entire mountain open (100% this weekend).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Was hoping the Pocono's get it but if they get shafted I may head southwest , any Pa. er's have Beta on French creek state park . Looks like a mighty nice hill south of Lake Hopewell .

BenedictGomez

Hopefully it will fall at Camelback where I will be, however, even if it doesn't I want to give kudo's to my home bump for once again getting the entire mountain open (100% this weekend).

Everyone in the Poconos will be 100% open this weekend.