• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where you are skiing during thanksgiving and weekend?

MommaBear

One thing i do know..roads will be a mess sunday night..

Agreed! Thankfully I will be heading North earlier in the day while the masses will (hopefully) be heading home.

Skied Mt Snow Thanksgiving Day - a first for us. NO crowds, conditions were much better than expected. Fun family day - minus one kid who was missed :-(

nhskier1969

I skied Loon today. Should I saw just the morning. Made a few runs. by 10:30 the lines were unbearable. Gondola had to be a 45 minute wait. At that time they didn't have North peak quad running yet, so you basically had the Gondola seven brothers(500ft vt). Called it a day. The runs we made, the skiing was good. Trails weren't crowded because everyone was down at the base waiting in line.

Smellytele

Cannon was great today. Whole front 5 was open and skiing fun. No lines at all.
Unfortunately I have to head home to fix my water heater. Was supposed to ski Cannon tomorrow [emoji35]. In Plymouth now to see the warren miller movie.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Slidebrook87

Cannon was great today. Whole front 5 was open and skiing fun. No lines at all.
Unfortunately I have to head home to fix my water heater. Was supposed to ski Cannon tomorrow [emoji35]. In Plymouth now to see the warren miller movie.

Ugh, too bad. At least you will have a hot shower for the rest of the ski season though.

Edd

I skied Loon today. by 10:30 the lines were unbearable. Gondola had to be a 45 minute wait. Trails weren't crowded because everyone was down at the base waiting in line.

Technically, I hate the Jay Peak tram more than Loon’s gondola. But it’s close. Someone at work told me that Loon replaced all the cabins last year. Haven’t confirmed that. I wonder what’s improved about them.

KustyTheKlown

Killington was so good yesterday. Bailed on sugarbush due to the low trail count, and our hotel is closer to K. 35 trails open. The snowdon trails were ungroomed and soft - North Star, vagabond, great bear. Lower downdraft and royal flush were poachable with actual powder snow. Low rider, the throne, woods between ridge run and power line, all skied better than good, just needed to tread lightly for snakes. So fun. No crowding for World Cup Friday. Off to stratton this morning for what I anticipate being a way groomier day.

Low rider:DBEFFCF7-3642-42E3-9D47-4F34C599ED7C.jpg

kingslug

Not going to work monday..since i had to cancel my early utah trip...for work..ill just kind of make up for it sunday monday..

KustyTheKlown

Took one look at the scene at Stratton and changed into jeans and left to get breakfast and coffee. Not burning a pass day on this

Dickc

Technically, I hate the Jay Peak tram more than Loon’s gondola. But it’s close. Someone at work told me that Loon replaced all the cabins last year. Haven’t confirmed that. I wonder what’s improved about them.

Word I've heard is they are identical to the old ones, just new copies.

Slidebrook87

I am honestly kind of surprised it was that crowded. It’s still early season so I wouldn’t expect loads of people to be swarming to Stratton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

I got there before 8:45. Parking was a shitshow and people were everywhere. After a day of no lines and tree skiing at k, lines for the same handful of groomers at Stratton was unappealing

Edd

I got there before 8:45. Parking was a shitshow and people were everywhere. After a day of no lines and tree skiing at k, lines for the same handful of groomers at Stratton was unappealing

Don’t blame you one bit. Screw that scene.

slatham

Wow. FWIW Bromley was very mellow - ski on all day. Obviously not the amount of terrain but the skier per acre ratio was very favorable and with the 3" we got on Thursday it did not ski like Thanksgiving. Not sure of ticket price but NOT the $99 that Stratton was charging ($60 something probably).

KustyTheKlown

we drove by bromley on our way to breakfast in peru and i thought about it for a minute - it looked really pleasant. but my girlfriend was grateful for the no ski day and we took care of xmas tree shopping and some other stuff and had a mellow day