• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which Mountain is the Best for YOU?

Which Mountain is the Best for YOU?

• Sunday River

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Cannon

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Killington

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Bolton Valley

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • SugarLoaf - U.S.A.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Jay Peak

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Saddleback

• Mt. Snow

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Wildcat

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Magic MT Vermont

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

urungus

Of these, probably Jay. My true answer: ”whoever has the best conditions”, Berkshire East, Magic, MRG, Sugarbush, Stowe, Smuggs

Dickc

I voted for all of them. They are all good ski areas. I'm even good with McIntyre in Manchester, NH for a morning of turns. As long as there is a lift, and some downhill to ski its all good.

Granite1

I voted for all of them. They are all good ski areas. I'm even good with McIntyre in Manchester, NH for a morning of turns. As long as there is a lift, and some downhill to ski its all good.
McIntyre is 15 minutes from my home. Maybe I should start skiing there everyday!!!! Any skiing is good skiing!!!

BodeMiller1

I voted for a place I've never skied because the grass is always greener...
Yepp, we're lucky to have so much so close.

PAabe

Jay is awesome - but it is 9 hours away from me 🙃. It'd be Gore if it were listed.

On a typical day though, the choice is between Montage, Elk, Blue Knob, or some lesser place...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wasn't long ago I'd have said Stowe. Then it changed. So it became Wildcat. Then it changed. Now it's Saddleback. Hopefully it doesn't change.

4aprice

Killington is really the only New England area I get to these days so it gets my vote. I am to this day a huge fan of Loon as well but we have been kind of migrating out west more and more so I haven't been in a couple of years.IMG_0701.JPG
Little Killington stoke. This was a good day at the big K

Last edited:

Andrew B.

What’s best for us is the one we have a home at, SR.
I am sure some folks would find skiing one mountain regularly boring, and sometimes it is, but we have a good group of friends and always find a way to have a good time.
A trip out west, maybe a trip to see the SiL in Vt and usually find our way to SL for reggae weekend certainly breaks the year up.

Smellytele

What’s best for us is the one we have a home at, SR.
I am sure some folks would find skiing one mountain regularly boring, and sometimes it is, but we have a good group of friends and always find a way to have a good time.
A trip out west, maybe a trip to see the SiL in Vt and usually find our way to SL for reggae weekend certainly breaks the year up.
Not dissing you but If I had a house there I would hit BOM and Abram from time to time just to mix it up.

Andrew B.

We have been to Abrams a few times.
We have done the black and white side country at BOM but never ridden the lift.
Been to saddle back and Shawnee a few times too.
I been saying I want to go to Camden but haven’t made it there yet

BodeMiller1

Wasn't long ago I'd have said Stowe. Then it changed. So it became Wildcat. Then it changed. Now it's Saddleback. Hopefully it doesn't change.
When I look at Saddleback it looks like heaven on earth. One HUGE Bowel... As we all know the further east one goes the crowds fall off.