• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which skis to bring to Utah?

SkiDog

Your internet tough guy rap is getting old. Isn't there a Western specific ski forum where you can irritate people...? :roll:

Hmmm this was a specific question that I can have input into....I can tell you a bunch of skis to bring with you to Utah....I live here now....

however when someone steps out and tells me how the conditions are in my own backyard when they arent ANYWHERE near it...kinda ticks me off....Im just supposed to leave it alone...???

But....with the gestapo tactics of this board you're probably right....I wont bother anymore....thread editing is kinda lame....and you're right...so's this east coast board to me at this point...just trying to pass some time and give some valuable information...someone else decided to pipe in and tell me how the snow is and how it will be...

Enjoy the east coast folks....nearing 440" for the season here already and still have the WETTEST months to follow...seems Kingslug had a good time with the crew I ski with.....if you ever make it out maybe you'll have some fun too....

PEACE

M

Greg

Staff member
Hmmm this was a specific question that I can have input into....I can tell you a bunch of skis to bring with you to Utah....I live here now....

however when someone steps out and tells me how the conditions are in my own backyard when they arent ANYWHERE near it...kinda ticks me off....Im just supposed to leave it alone...???

But....with the gestapo tactics of this board you're probably right....I wont bother anymore....thread editing is kinda lame....and you're right...so's this east coast board to me at this point...just trying to pass some time and give some valuable information...someone else decided to pipe in and tell me how the snow is and how it will be...

Enjoy the east coast folks....nearing 440" for the season here already and still have the WETTEST months to follow...seems Kingslug had a good time with the crew I ski with.....if you ever make it out maybe you'll have some fun too....

PEACE

M
Gestapo tactics. Thread editing. :lol: I love it.

Learn to self-analyze a little bit. Since you went out there you've developed a real chip on your shoulder. "Utah is great." "I'm so smart for moving out here." Blah. Blah. Blah. Yeah - we get it already.

snoseek

Don't worry folks-I'll stick around to irritate you.

SkiDog

Gestapo tactics. Thread editing. :lol: I love it.

Learn to self-analyze a little bit. Since you went out there you've developed a real chip on your shoulder. "Utah is great." "I'm so smart for moving out here." Blah. Blah. Blah. Yeah - we get it already.

I had advice that was pertinent to the thread itself...I DIDNT need some a$$hole telling me the conditions in my OWN FRIGGIN BACK YARD...

Thats all I took offense to...I have no chip on my shoulder....thats fine...

IM OUT...

M

SkiDog

You know I was initially going to hold back...ask Doug...I swear. But its just...hey at least I got him to go away!!!

Ha like Doug doesnt have a chip on his shoulder....HA...hes got more issues with folks on a NUMBER of boards....

I hear just physically threaten him and he whimpers away like a little bitch...you probably do that same Marc...

I hate little bitches.

Now thats OFFICIALLY IT...bye bye.

M

BLESS

this is like a soap opera. I definitely know more about not being able to go skiing and wanting to than both of you!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I had advice that was pertinent to the thread itself...I DIDNT need some a$$hole telling me the conditions in my OWN FRIGGIN BACK YARD...

Thats all I took offense to...I have no chip on my shoulder....thats fine...

IM OUT...

M

Skidog: you're name calling tells wonders about your persona, especially since you and I have never met or even exchanged replies on a thread before. However, its not just me when I say that the tenor of your posts stick out from the rest on this board. I hope you are as true to your word (about being out!) as you are predictable.

2knees

GEEZ thanks for filling me in on the hardpack....it not like I live here or anything...WOW...

Dude..you DO KNOW its going to warm up this weekend considerably....with a huge hig pressure ridge building...that means HIGH SUN during the day and MELT and SOFTENING...come night time...its going to FREEEZE UP LIKE NO OTHER....now if that happens while the original poster is here hes going to HATE the icelantics...

Why dont you think before you talk ok??? Thanks.

M

brought to you by Completely Random Flame Wars Inc.

Starring Skidogg in the feature What Skis Should I bring to Utah.

seriously dogg, coming across a little, uhh, territorial.

hydrant.jpg

snoseek

Whatever happened to bigvert? I miss that guy

koreshot

At least he was right about the snow conditions. Icy conditions out west are not a myth.

Just last year I went on my first cat skiing trip, in CO. Snow was great, not super deep but excellent quality, all day. Then out of nowhere, while skiing on a face that was exposed to the sun, I hit ice that was insane. 300 vertical feet straight of ice... the type of ice you just skid down to survive.

dmc

Ha like Doug doesnt have a chip on his shoulder....HA...hes got more issues with folks on a NUMBER of boards....

I hear just physically threaten him and he whimpers away like a little bitch...you probably do that same Marc...

I hate little bitches.

Now thats OFFICIALLY IT...bye bye.

M

funny... thanks for all the PMs... Traveling on business... this made my day...

SkiDog (ie:huckasauras) from the TFT board gets rail off yet ANOTHER board... While I remain warmly surround by my east cost buddies...

Jersey boy lives in Utah for a year and now he's thinks he's friggin Joseph Smith...

And makes veiled threats about physical violence yet again!!! (Don't worry - saved the last ones just in case..)

he annoyed so many people on the TFT board - we started another board just so we could talk about how much of a lunatic he was... my rep points skyrocketed by 1000 during our infamous flamewar...

He says he hates little bitches... Funny... Last I checked... Dogs we're bitches...

At least when he says he's leaving a board... he leaves for good... Which is a good thing I guess...

dmc

I hope you are as true to your word (about being out!) as you are predictable.

he never showed his virtual face on the TFT board after he did basically the same thing just a different topic...

2knees

At least he was right about the snow conditions. Icy conditions out west are not a myth.

Just last year I went on my first cat skiing trip, in CO. Snow was great, not super deep but excellent quality, all day. Then out of nowhere, while skiing on a face that was exposed to the sun, I hit ice that was insane. 300 vertical feet straight of ice... the type of ice you just skid down to survive.

i dont have much western experience but i did spend 4 days in tahoe skiing eastern boilerplate. total waste as it dumped like crazy back here while i was out there.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

You just have to seek out the north/east facing slopes that don't get the afternoon sun and ski those in the mornings...then follow the sun.....as the day progresses.

Powdr

Ummm and ive got 33 in at alta/bird this year...I think I know SLIGHLY MORE about the conditions than you...as well as future conditions......again..I LIVE HERE...I dont just visit for 6 days....

Wow a whole 6 days huh??? you're an expert on Utah snowpack I guess....

Talk to you soon...

Fools...gotta love it.

m

This is hillarious coming from someone that just moved here. Hell, I still don't know all there is to know about our snow after 15 years and 80+ days each season. This year is particularly confounding and anyone that claims to know all about our weather/snow is full of shit.

dmc

This is hillarious coming from someone that just moved here. Hell, I still don't know all there is to know about our snow after 15 years and 80+ days each season. This year is particularly confounding and anyone that claims to know all about our weather/snow is full of shit.

probably for the better... You don't want to think you know whats going on and walk into a heuristic trap. it's better to know whats going on then to think you know whats going on.