• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface trip report 3/14/13

St. Jerry

Mamma always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

So that is all

skisheep

Mamma always said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

So that is all

Sorry to hear that. What exactly made it so terrible, was it conditions, or something about the physical mountain it's self?
Hope you give Whiteface another try on a better day, it really is a great mountain, and for the most part doesn't deserve it's iceface reputation, if that was in fact what caused your visit to be so poor. Every once in a while it has a bad day, but, often when it's icy there, it's going to be icy everywhere...
-skisheep

BenedictGomez

So that is all

Yet ironically, by saying the above you're probably giving every reader the worst-case possible scenario for how conditions are/were, which is the "non-nicest" thing you could do.

Bene288

I wouldn't think being the coldest/windiest day of since the thaw wouldn't bode well for conditions. It's nickname IS Iceface after all. You have to enjoy what you can get!

abc

Everybody's expectation for today's condition will be terrible. So I would assume that's what contributes to the nothing-good-to-say report.

skisheep

I wouldn't think being the coldest/windiest day of since the thaw wouldn't bode well for conditions. It's nickname IS Iceface after all. You have to enjoy what you can get!

Exactly, although Whiteface probably earned it's Iceface monkier today, I'd bet it wasn't alone in having less than stellar conditions. It's known for being icy in weather like this, and I think to post a report like this leaves the reader assuming the worst, which is an unjustice to the resort.

-skisheep

KevinF

I'm going to Whiteface this weekend with the Boston Ski and Sports Club. I have had my race carvers sharpened because all I've ever heard about Whiteface is its "Iceface" moniker. Guess that was a good decision.

Should be a fun weekend of railing some turns. :spread: