• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

who skied???

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
alright, alright... who skied where today? you KNOW you want to gloat about it, and you also KNOW we want to ski vicariously through your turns.

we had woodbury, ct, belleayre, ny, and two quebec areas open up today (cant remeber their names, st. souveire? something like that any ways). did any one make it onto the snow today?

killington opening tomorrow. 3 routes for $35 for a halfday of skiing!!!!! they are joking!!! maybe in october that MIGHT be worth it. but it's november 9th and only 3 routes and there are other areas open charging half as much! killington is adding insult to injury for those skiers that like to ski there early season.

bretton woods and sunday river have guns blasting round the clock it seems. haven't heard a report from okemo, but i'm guessing they've fired up their guns too this weekend.

woooooo!!!!!! it's begun folks. YEY!!!! :beer: :p :D

Joshua

Okemo is being very tight lipped it would appear on their snow making efforts. I know they started Friday night, but nothing on their website, and no pics.

Mt. Snow is blowing, but will have to stop tomorrow morning when the temps rise.

Wish I made it out. Soon hopefully.

J

jlangdale

I agreed. But as usual, it's more about the benjamins. I would like to get in some early skiing but what Killington has ready for opening simply can't compare to last season. I'm just going to wait until the good stuff is ready.

Greg

Staff member
Woodbury is right down the road from me, but I didn't head over there. It's really not much of a mountain, but a good option for locals that just can't wait.

My plan is still to head up to K on 11/21, provided they can get some decent terrain open in the next eleven days. Looks like a brief warm up the middle of this week with another cool down towards the end of the week.