• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Blowing Snow?

drjeff

Only lights on the main face of Mount Snow tonight (and the fan guns that they typically run in March have lights on them) are from the group of 5 cats they have lapping the mountain to lay some corduroy down...

urungus

Today Berkshire East was blowing snow all over the place: in the base area, Upper and Lower Flying Cloud, Lower Competition, Outback, Exhibition, Big Chief

Pez

Today Berkshire East was blowing snow all over the place: in the base area, Upper and Lower Flying Cloud, Lower Competition, Outback, Exhibition, Big Chief

saw that on the webcams.

i know where my season pass money is going next year

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
For anyone who remembers skiing Big Birch/Birch Hill/Thunder Ridge, as I'm sure a few people on this board from the nyc region skied it at some point in their lives...the snow is a deep as I've ever seen it. 7 years of continuous investment in snowmaking is yielding dividends. The snow is 3-5' deep by my estimates, some places substantially deeper. At the bottom it's literally 6-8' deep...chairs enter the lift terminal and people ski ABOVE the tops of the chairs because the snow is so deep. None of us have seen anything like it, it's just wild. I've been told they only made April once but I can definitely see it happening this season if the weather cooperates. If you've skied here before you know that's absolutely incredible. We're a few hundred feet above sea level and face about as West as you can get.

thetrailboss

Staff member
For anyone who remembers skiing Big Birch/Birch Hill/Thunder Ridge, as I'm sure a few people on this board from the nyc region skied it at some point in their lives...the snow is a deep as I've ever seen it. 7 years of continuous investment in snowmaking is yielding dividends. The snow is 3-5' deep by my estimates, some places substantially deeper. At the bottom it's literally 6-8' deep...chairs enter the lift terminal and people ski ABOVE the tops of the chairs because the snow is so deep. None of us have seen anything like it, it's just wild. I've been told they only made April once but I can definitely see it happening this season if the weather cooperates. If you've skied here before you know that's absolutely incredible. We're a few hundred feet above sea level and face about as West as you can get.
That's awesome!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
See what happens this week.

Yep. I am tentatively optimistic, however. It could be much worse. 4 days of temps in the 50s and 60s is bad but 36 hours of rain/fog is worse. The critical thing this time of year is letting the snow freeze/set at night...that should start happening again by the weekend as seasonable temps return. Once you start grooming warm it goes quickkkkk.

2Planker

Heard it from Mgmnt over lunch, Both Tash & Cat are done for the year.
"We hope to make it till April, but it all depends on weather"

thebigo

Heard it from Mgmnt over lunch, Both Tash & Cat are done for the year.
"We hope to make it till April, but it all depends on weather"

Given the current base, this may be the one year avenger lasts longer than lynx.

Killingtime

Did a night session there this year after the big snow storm. Fun little place but after an hour or two you've seen everything. There's plenty of space to cut some cool tree runs and make it more interesting but I'm probably not their target audience anyway. Definitely a lot of families with kids and after school racing program going on.

Sotto

Did a night session there this year after the big snow storm. Fun little place but after an hour or two you've seen everything. There's plenty of space to cut some cool tree runs and make it more interesting but I'm probably not their target audience anyway. Definitely a lot of families with kids and after school racing program going on.
We do thin the woods in spots, just have to know where to go. Off the double mostly, with a one spot off the triple.