• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whos fault?

darent

IMO it's the skiers< fault, he cut across a run and should have slowed and looked uphill. Bad layout though

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Ooo ouch, dumb place to sit and jumping blind. They’re both idiots but … skier’s fault for not making sure landing was clear.
I’m gonna amend my earlier comment and say the video is faked. Although for the purposes of education.

gmcunni

I’m gonna amend my earlier comment and say the video is faked. Although for the purposes of education.
Fake or not. Funny :)

plus yes. Skier at fault because 2 is before 3:

YOUR RESPONSIBILITY CODE (2022)​

1. Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
  2. People ahead or downhill of you have the right-of-way. You must avoid them.
  3. Stop only where you are visible from above and do not restrict traffic.

MidnightJester

I have to say after seeing a few rough and brutal collisions on the slopes. They are very different for borders and skiers. Watching boarders see if they are hurt or not and then just ride away while skiers not even hurt are a unintended exploded action hero mess and yard-sale yet to be collected. Always helped when I see skiers things scattered uphill.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

Boarder is at fault because 1. Always stay in control. You must be able to stop or avoid people or objects.
Please tell me how a snowboarder with his back to half the friggin mountain and people on it can avoid people?
Snowboarding is inherently dangerous because of this. They put everybody at risk.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I think the skiers were too bunched up. Making an irresistible target. What’dya think?

MidnightJester

I think the skiers were too bunched up. Making an irresistible target. What’dya think?

He was unhappy with the pack and took down the leader all the rest just followed

BodeMiller1

That’s tough. Probably shouldn’t be charging gs turns on a crowded slope, but she was uphill skier, no? And it looks like she was looking at him in the beginning of the clip.

he was trying to avoid the slower skier in front. It’s best to just straight line those situations. His line was straight down skiers left next to the lift towers.
Accelerating out of trouble is a lost art.