• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Keeping an eye on Windham

KustyTheKlown

you need reservations to use ikon at windham this year. who knows what will happen next year

i would say they are almost certainly off ikon for 24-25, pivoting to a season pass and premium experience model. think club med. a 3 day 2 night vacation package as the minimum purchase for access. something like that. club med operates at le massif (i think le massif?), but it doesnt preclude the existence of the regular ski area. this seems like its meant to swallow windham whole.

if it actually results in very low crowds and lift lines, and actual top tier amenities, i can see this attracting a lot of the nyc/ct wealth set. you cant fly to aspen every weekend when you need to be at work in manhattan. even hermitage is too far for these people. and a lot of them are totally content to ski 1500 vertical foot groomers with medium pitch, which windham has in spades.

ColdRain&Snow

even hermitage is too far for these people

I got the distinct impression they weren’t taking new members (or there was a long wait list), but that may be bullshit.

We ran into two local doctors there, and our host was a local to us, 3 hour drive.

Windham could probably command higher fees.

RH29

Us poors will have the opportunity to ski the rarified air of the Windham Mountain Club for just $70 ($65 for youth and seniors) in early December, even on weekends.
1700582297416.png
Never thought I'd ski at Windham again, but if they can get 3-4 top to bottom routes down by next weekend I might have to stop by. Berkshire East is blowing and I'm hoping they open up for this weekend, I'd take the Indy discount and run up there on Sunday even if it was just Deer Run to Comp and Big Chief.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
$70 in this era for Windham is a steal as long as it's more than half open or so. Maybe this won't be all gloom and doom?
I just looked at the cams..............No guns on at all while Hunter's going strong, 23 degrees 45% humidity. Wonder why that is, (the forecast is for rain later). I DID notice that after 12/15, you won't see that cheap of a price again.

urungus

Never thought I'd ski at Windham again, but if they can get 3-4 top to bottom routes down by next weekend I might have to stop by. Berkshire East is blowing and I'm hoping they open up for this weekend, I'd take the Indy discount and run up there on Sunday even if it was just Deer Run to Comp and Big Chief.
Highly doubt either of these

RH29

Highly doubt either of these
Windham is already blowing three summit routes and Berkshire East has yet to announce an opening day, but is blowing snow on those trails with bitter cold coming in.

tnt1234

Was chatting in the gondola at belleayre yesterday. Someone said there will be a two day minimum at Windham this year if you are not on Ikon.

We were all hoping they go under and the state takes them over! Ski 4!

cdskier

Was chatting in the gondola at belleayre yesterday. Someone said there will be a two day minimum at Windham this year if you are not on Ikon.

We were all hoping they go under and the state takes them over! Ski 4!

The 2 day minimum is only on peak days (i.e. if you want to ski a Saturday). At the day ticket prices they're charging, the 2 day minimum probably isn't having a huge impact. For example on a Friday or Sunday in January/February you can currently buy a single day ticket for anywhere from $150-$170. And those prices are "discounted" prices for buying early. Who is paying that much to ski Windham on a single day?

Even mid-week the lowest advanced purchase tickets are $95!

I honestly don't really see them going under though. Nor do I think the state should take them over even if they did. The state owns and operates enough ski areas...

thetrailboss

Staff member
The issue made the NY Times.....

cdskier

Crappily.
Not sure I agree with that. I think Belleyare is quite well run. The job they do with snowmaking is impressive and I'd say they're number 1 in the Catskills at this point.

Never had an issue with the way they run Gore either. Whiteface I have minimal experience with, so can't comment on that one...

cdskier

Beware Windham mountain club restaurant's New restaurant CinCin
https://www.reddit.com/r/icecoast/comments/18qzydf

I don't understand how raw chicken is served "knowingly on purpose". What would be the point/benefit of that from the ski resort perspective? Getting your customers sick to save a few minutes on cooking time doesn't seem like a viable long term business strategy.

snoseek

This sounds like a jaded ex employee. Also if it was chicken with bones and connective tissue then the bones sometimes bleed out. If it was truly undercooked then that disgusting and a massive health risk.