• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Will Sochi Olympics be a disaster?

Gilligan

The slalom leg of the Women's SC was pretty intense today. I've never seen so many DSQ's. It was a great watch. I'm looking forward to the Women's SL!
Salted slush made for an icy, rutted course. Not a disaster, to quote the thread title, but not so good for the competitors. Seems like every skiing/boarding event is being conducted in "Spring Conditions."

Way to go, Julia!

BenedictGomez

This is the ultimate curling disaster.

021114_curl.jpg

Doesnt even seem possible.

legalskier

[h=1]Under Armour Suits May Be a Factor in U.S. Speedskating's Struggles[/h]http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304703804579381002780722432

BenedictGomez

And that slalom course looked like my late March NASTAR efforts at Smuggler's Notch.

Absolutely pathetic. Cross country looks ridiculous too. Then there's the freestyle jumps that have to have dry ice covering them overnight so they dont melt.

Bene288

US hockey beats Russia in the shoot out. I never thought I'd see IIHF refs make a bad call in favor of the US. Russia scored what would have been the winning goal, however The USA goalie knocked the net off the moorings to disallow the goal. As a hockey player/part time ref I thought it was a bad call. But I'm not complaining, love to see Russia loose in their home town !

BenedictGomez

US hockey beats Russia in the shoot out. I never thought I'd see IIHF refs make a bad call in favor of the US. Russia scored what would have been the winning goal, however The USA goalie knocked the net off the moorings to disallow the goal. As a hockey player/part time ref I thought it was a bad call. But I'm not complaining, love to see Russia loose in their home town !

It wasnt a bad call, it's a bad rule. The ruling was correct, it's just moronic.

If I'm a goalie in IIHF and my Dmen are gassed, I might just slide hard real across my crease if a puck goes east to west, if you know what I mean.

That rule where once the gimmick goes >3 people you can use the same person 1000 times is horrible too, it's a TEAM sport. If it goes to 17 rounds, your toothless stay-at-home defenseman should be taking the shot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
bad rule; not sure if it's the correct call though. hard to tell if Quick intentionally dislodged the goal. If the goalie dislodges the goal himself, I don't think the rule should apply.

Bene288

It wasnt a bad call, it's a bad rule. The ruling was correct, it's just moronic.

If I'm a goalie in IIHF and my Dmen are gassed, I might just slide hard real across my crease if a puck goes east to west, if you know what I mean.

That rule where once the gimmick goes >3 people you can use the same person 1000 times is horrible too, it's a TEAM sport. If it goes to 17 rounds, your toothless stay-at-home defenseman should be taking the shot.

Yeah I didn't think they could make the shootout more moronic than it already is. It should all be sudden death OT. If they have to use the shootout they should cycle the roster like the NHL does, sometimes those toothless stay at home defensemen can surprise us.

BenedictGomez

NBC's coverage of the Olympics is predictably a "disaster", but intentionally peppering Bode Miller with "dead brother questions" to force an emotional breakdown on television takes the cake.

Disgraceful.

steamboat1

NBC's coverage of the Olympics is predictably a "disaster", but intentionally peppering Bode Miller with "dead brother questions" to force an emotional breakdown on television takes the cake.

Disgraceful.
Absolutely horrible by NBC. I was screaming at the TV to take the camera off the poor guy. My wife even came down from upstairs & asked what I was yelling about. Horrible interview, even more horrible that NBC allowed it to air.

twinplanx

Disgraceful.

Who is the asshole who thinks this is a good idea? I'd like to kick him in the balls on live TV and ask him "how he feels"

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

Disgraceful.

I agree with that.

Also, i was surprised how it looks like they didn't do anything at all to put makeup on Bode's wife during the interview. Seemed bizarre to me and something that stood out right away.