• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter storm Landon has shifted favorably incoming to VT and NY with Major foot plus snow totals and a small mixed in little sleet/Ice line possible.

MidnightJester

Will the larger percentage of the snow storm say a foot 12"+ overwhelm and and hide a small amount of ice/sleet if it comes in before or during the beginning of a storm??

slatham

This is a very difficult storm to forecast and there will be major difference in p-type over very short distances and where that line sets up is not clear. I wouldn't;t make plans until tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. Travel won't be fun either.......

MidnightJester

Grrrrrrr If "NO" :( Then here is to someone finding the (any) sweet spot area North with mostly all snow :) or hoping it builds a larger & deeper base. This season set up a little different to me. Started with real snow and colder temps later then normal and pushed the January thaw till later?? Outside looking in opinion and no real weather experience but I did sleep in my truck in a few VT Ski mountain parking lots.

Last edited:

snoseek

I plan on skiing Thursday Friday for this one. Have epic and cannon so will set up wherever looks best. Thank God for hotwire

MidnightJester

Unfortunately some of the NY papers and media still run with the names for storms

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

MNJ needs to work on his sentence structure. LOL Let's not jinx this with preditions. Like I always say. Just pick a place and go and count it when it is on the ground. I am not gong to get my hope up yet again to get crushed like last week.

lol fucking atrocious writing.

tumbler

The traveling has me a bit concerned. Snow is fine but not a fan of the ice.

KustyTheKlown

it may be a wait til saturday afternoon to drive up scenario. will see how it plays. friday immediately after work seems inadvisable. friday middle of the night could be ok depending on timing and how quick the roads get dealt with.

Kingslug20

I just hope to be home..sometime.
Getting out of jh...has been a bit difficult.
But we are sitting on a plane..

MidnightJester

Wooooooo Lets go Landon.

Unless you are lower VT and the measurable amounts of sleet and ice you are looking at in current storm models. Killington is looking nice if they hold to little to no sleet. Sugarbush and north is looking more favorable for all snow

mister moose

BVT NOAA has come out with their prediction:
StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Kingslug20

Good thing i left the 105s home..at least i can ski thurs fri...

thetrailboss

Staff member
May family is laughing because my 4-year old nephew is named Landon and he can be a real storm at times.

keyser soze

Pico glades are a ton of fun with good snow cover. That is probably a good call.
BTW, if anyone has PlumBenefits through their work, they have anytime lift tix for $52.
They look to be electronic so would be easy to send to friends.