• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTF with all the back packs

dlague

Simple Simon.

Waah Waah.

Remove it and place the pack on your lap while on a lift.
You likely got 'hooked' on the lift because you're a dope.

Next problem ?
Ok who pissed in your Cheerios? I have been there and done that - PITA IMO! Who reply needs it? Seriously, is it a cool factor like wearing a GoPro?

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Ok who pissed in your Cheerios? I have been there and done that - PITA IMO! Who reply needs it? Seriously, is it a cool factor like wearing a GoPro?

Sent from my SM-G930P using AlpineZone mobile app

Out west skiing with my kids there was no way I wanted to go back to the lodge to get mittens instead of gloves or to ditch a layer or get hand warmers or a drink or snack etc.

mlkrgr

Agreed with backpacks. Even if you're that person that needs to ski bell to bell, you can easily fit enough food and water inside a coat with pockets, and it won't be so cold on many days that the water will freeze.

JimG.

Staff member
Out west skiing with my kids there was no way I wanted to go back to the lodge to get mittens instead of gloves or to ditch a layer or get hand warmers or a drink or snack etc.

The only legit reason I can see to use a pack inbounds. Good post!

Puck it

Agreed with backpacks. Even if you're that person that needs to ski bell to bell, you can easily fit enough food and water inside a coat with pockets, and it won't be so cold on many days that the water will freeze.
Pocket dogs. Oh yeah!

Tin

Pocket dogs. Oh yeah!

tumblr_mwsb9gKlOR1r4teu1o4_400.gif

goldsbar

I'll admit I used to be one of those guys many years ago. Even out West, it was easier to throw the skis over my shoulder for a 20-30 minute hike than to strap them to the pack.

JDMRoma

Backcountry it makes sense but at a northeast resort it's retarded !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kbird

I believe it's become somewhat of a fashion thing but for whatever reason why, it cannot become a hazard to themselves or others. With that said I prefer to ski with a pack, I can stay hydrated, eat a snack, swap gloves/goggles etc. It's more function over form for me and certainly not for fashion. When unloading, I always have it front and make sure it won't be caught on the chair.

TheArchitect

I get dehydrated easily and don't want to stop a lot so I wear a small pack with a hydration pouch. I don't care if people think I look stupid; I'm out getting more runs instead of stopping for liquids.

kbird

I get dehydrated easily and don't want to stop a lot so I wear a small pack with a hydration pouch. I don't care if people think I look stupid; I'm out getting more runs instead of stopping for liquids.
Agreed and I think I do too, it seems to make quite a difference for me. I usually only stop once for lunch and that's about it.

JDMRoma

I get dehydrated easily too that's why I park close to the lift. Beer,
food and pee breaks are closer than going into the lodge and I don't look stupid ..... well usually 😎

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kbird

Beer? I can't drink beer when skiing, all that does is dehydrate me even more. After skiing, now that is a different story haha. :beer:

Cornhead

I drink 151 when I ski...shots. I fuel my Joni handwarmers with it too.
76fe2cdf558ba650a22cee132404d604.jpg

I light my J's with the ciggy hole on the other side.
Here's a pic of the other side, see, ciggy hole.
304460cd2b10e990f0cf94caf9c32c0d.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited: