• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

You might want to skip Cannon late this week.

xwhaler

It is a zoo!!!!!!! . I would do Sunday.
Hmmmmm----Sunday being Easter probably would be very quiet.
I do need to use my last Fox44 voucher before the end of next wknd so was going to pass on this wknd at Cannon for Dew and go next wknd.
Wonder what would be worse? This wknd with Dew but Tram/parking still open or next wknd with Bode but everyone funneling into Peabody?

Puck it

Hmmmmm----Sunday being Easter probably would be very quiet.
I do need to use my last Fox44 voucher before the end of next wknd so was going to pass on this wknd at Cannon for Dew and go next wknd.
Wonder what would be worse? This wknd with Dew but Tram/parking still open or next wknd with Bode but everyone funneling into Peabody?

Sunday will be fine, might be a little busier than normal. I am planning on Sunday this weekend
I think.

.squirrely.

I was so happy when Killington got rid of the dew tour. It averted way to much snowmaking early season and ruined bear as it funneled way to much traffic onto lower wildfire. Bear is way to crowded on a weekend without closing down main trails. Good riddance!

Dew Tour =/= Mtn dew vertical challenge

Cannonball

Completely blew that warning. Today was DEAD and fantastic. I should have been there all day, instead I lazed around the house in the morning. Then attempted Bretton Woods which turned out to be a total sh** show (bailed without getting out of the car). Settled on trying Cannon. slopes were a ghost town and conditions up top were excellent. Puckit and JDRoma bailed from BW to join me and we had a great day. We didn't attempt to deal with the Dew Challenge activities in the lodge so can't comment on if they were well attended. But there was nobody on the trails, nobody in the lift lines, nobody parked at zoomer, and barely anyone in the tram bar.

JDMRoma

Great day !! Hope they put the same warning out for Bode fest !

Yes we way over thunk that one !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

Wow is right.Cannon totally scared everybody away Saturday as it was less crowded (except for right in front of the Peabody base are) than most weekends.I drove to the mt early to see what was going on and there were less cars than usual so I went back home for a 1/2 hour.Looked down from the summit around around 9:30 and there was still parking in the Peabody lots.

drjeff

Any of you guys see that Dew course?Thats the most lame course I've ever seen.The top 6 gates could be straightlined in a tuck.

Most Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge courses I've seen have basically been a 15 gate very straight dual GS that is often set on the bunny hill, and typically make a regular NASTAR course look like a World Cup level course!!

The Vertical Challenge is more about having some family fun and raising $$ for Make-a-Wish then about determining who the best racer on the mountain that day is