• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your 2021 / 2022 Ski Season Thread

1/2) ABasin 10/27 10/28 (37 months)
3) Killington 11/9 (38 months)
4) Killington 11/16

Zand

Was going to get things started this past weekend. Then got sick and have been bedridden for 3 days. Negative for COVID, but if it was the flu that I had then it was nastier than I've ever had it.

Stuck at work the next 7 days (December blows). Will try to get to Wachusett one night this week to at least get some turns in as they are only charging a reasonable $30 for the evening shift. Good skiing will have to wait...probably till January.

Pissed I missed out on the first storm of the year (also had tix to the Pats Sunday and had to miss a great game) but hopefully done being sick for the year.

skef

Hey, another Day 1 at Loon, day tripping from Belmont, MA.

Started the day late (on the hill ~10:40) but skied 'til close, making this (I think) the biggest day 1 I've ever skied (42K feet vert). A flare-up of plantar faciitis has kept me from running the past couple of weeks, so my legs felt really fresh. Foot didn't hurt until the final hike back across the packing lot to change out of the boots and head back home.

It was a better day than other early Loon days I can recall -- they have enough open to give a nice variety of runs; e.g., there were three (3!) ways to get from the top of the Gondola to the base of the North Peak quad. The guns are blasting all over and I suspect this weekend will see much more open terrain, and the Kanc8 carrying people.

skef

Bah, meant to include some photos. Here you go.

Sunset:
IMG_1462.jpg

North Peak:
IMG_1468.jpg

Some damn project at Camp III involving panes of glass, while the work area is pelted with a snow cannon:
IMG_1464 (1).jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Kanc8 top terminal, under the guns:
IMG_1466.jpg
And the monstrous base terminal, chair barn inclusive (trucks for scale):
IMG_1469.jpg

RH29

1) 12/3, Jiminy Peak. Came up mid afternoon and I’ll be skiing into the night. 11 trails, 3 lifts, solid conditions with icy patches or a whale here and there.

JimG.

Staff member
1) 11/9/21-Killington
2) 11/24-Killington
3) 11/28-Belleayre
4) 12/3-Belleayre