• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

After playing golf today in near 90 degree heat..still at a 10...I'm now going to surf the net for some new fat skis. Only 4 more months till we can ski a white ribbon of death in New England..woo hoo

Just scored a job in Jackson (real world career job, who'd have thought that was possible?). Just bought a new jacket and pants. Just threw in a rental application for a ballah pad in downtown Jackson. Jones is an understatement. Im fiending like a crack addict.

Congrats on the new job...hopefully you can still ski some weekdays..

AdironRider

Ill be skiing plenty of weekdays, itll just be night skiing at Snow King most likely....

Ill only be working 4 ten hour shifts out there, so it still leaves me 3 days of JHMR resort riding. 1 of which Ill be mtn hosting.

Moe Ghoul

Mine just spiked to a 8 after I just told my wife ski season is ONLY about 5 months away. Suddenly it sounds like a frickin' eternity. I'll have to readjust my thinking and maybe plan something out west earlier.

Mine just spiked to a 8 after I just told my wife ski season is ONLY about 5 months away. Suddenly it sounds like a frickin' eternity. I'll have to readjust my thinking and maybe plan something out west earlier.

I'm definititely doing a last minute early season trip to Colorado or Utah..maybe like 5 days or so..I need to ski some fresh POE..

Moe Ghoul

I'm definititely doing a last minute early season trip to Colorado or Utah..maybe like 5 days or so..I need to ski some fresh POE..

I hear ya, and I'm gonna start looking at some options this week. I think bookending the season with an early trip and a late spring trip makes the season feel longer. Screw waiting for Pocono pelts of snow in December. Although, my bones tell me we are going to have a better snow season this year.

roark

These go to eleven...
spinal_tap_but_it_goes_to_eleven.jpg

Greg

Staff member
I'm getting better at windsurfing, so I'm fine for now.

Same here, but it's the mountain bike for me. That's really my obsession lately and it's keeping the ski jones at bay. Still at 3 or lower. DST is really allowing me to get a lot of riding in - usually three evenings a week. That will change once the days get shorter so the ski jones will undoubtedly begin to increase. Still, I'm looking forward to early fall rides and plan to ride at least once a week until the snow flies.

snoseek

Same here, but it's the mountain bike for me. That's really my obsession lately and it's keeping the ski jones at bay. Still at 3 or lower. DST is really allowing me to get a lot of riding in - usually three evenings a week. That will change once the days get shorter so the ski jones will undoubtedly begin to increase. Still, I'm looking forward to early fall rides and plan to ride at least once a week until the snow flies.

You should really invest in a one or two cheap headlights and a good headlamp. Riding at night is super fun and adds a whole new spin on trails you have done so many times. Visibility is not a problem and for me and I also like the complete isolation. Try it really, it will extend your season and you won't have to rush around in the fall after work to get in a 30 min. ride before dark.

downhill04

Good luck with the procedure. Keep us posted on the progress. I had 2 injections in May 07 that worked untill june this year. Hoping that this inj helps as well. We'll see in a couple of days. Right now the pain is the same and I have had a massive headache since last night. But that is part of the side effects.

My doctor said the surgery went well. He also said the nerve that was being pinched was more compressed than he expected. He told me that I would be on the longer end of the recovery period but that I should be playing golf in 12-14 weeks and that I should be close to 100% by January.

I’m stuck in bed for the next 3 weeks but my ski jones jumped from a 1 to a 5 after hearing I would be good to go for skiing this upcoming season. :spread::daffy::spread::daffy::spread::daffy:

Greg

Staff member
My doctor said the surgery went well. He also said the nerve that was being pinched was more compressed than he expected. He told me that I would be on the longer end of the recovery period but that I should be playing golf in 12-14 weeks and that I should be close to 100% by January.

I’m stuck in bed for the next 3 weeks but my ski jones jumped from a 1 to a 5 after hearing I would be good to go for skiing this upcoming season. :spread::daffy::spread::daffy::spread::daffy:

Great to hear. Rest up and get well soon!

ERJ-145CA

My ski jones rating just took a jump up to 10. I'm now on a layover in Burlington, VT and I'm here almost all day tomorrow so I'm wishing it was winter and I could head out first thing in the morning to ski. It doesn't help that the snack sized block of Cabot cheddar that I got at the convenience store says "ski us on the web". In a couple of days the jones should drop back down to a 7 though.

drjeff

My ski jones rating dropped to about a 2 after last weekend. The time I had on my friends boat and at the beach, definately had me enjoying the summer lifestyle ALOT.

After next weekend, I'll probably be upto about an 8 aftre heading upto Mount Snow for the weekend and seeing 1st hand the 150 fan guns being installed for this coming season.