• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Madroch

Wincing in pain everytime I have to stand up and avoiding stairs at all costs. Small price to pay for getting Day 1 in the books.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Finishing up my web page project for tomorrow's class. The professor really wanted us to fabricate some content, but I just don't have it in me.

Here's a link if anyone is curious.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Back from early gym workout : Bad News : Lower Back is tight and achin like hell , Good news : now lost 45 lbs - my effin pants are falling off me :D:D
Congrats!!! That's quite the accomplishment!

I'm trying to concentrate on Ralph Waldo Emerson while the kids destroy the living room and jump around. :roll: Not going so great...

Warp Daddy

Than ks Carrie , i know how hard you are working out too !! You too can be proud of that and handling the demands of school work and the family and the kids who must b getting pretty antsy waiting for Santa to arrive . Keep on keepin on and good luck with the finals ----------- u'll b fine !!

Geoff

Sitting on my sofa trying to get focused to get some work done. The weather is kind of crappy so I'm not motivated to go skiing. This is my view:

XMasTree.jpg

4aprice

Wincing in pain everytime I have to stand up and avoiding stairs at all costs. Small price to pay for getting Day 1 in the books.

You must be creeping up in age like me Madroch. My legs were screaming at me Monday after the weekend. Feel better today and now looking forward to the weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

drjeff

Laughing at the piece of mail that I just received notfiying me of being selected as "One of America's Top Dentists" and that all I need to do to acknowledge this and be listed in their 2010 guide is buy one of their acceptance packages that start at $179 :rolleyes:

Madroch

You must be creeping up in age like me Madroch. My legs were screaming at me Monday after the weekend. Feel better today and now looking forward to the weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Yeah... creeping up is right. Had my best preseason prep of the last three years (only been back at it that long) and thought I might feel a little better than in previous years. Not. In fact felt worse-- but that may be attributable to the fact that instead of starting with a half day with the kids on the grommed flats went 7 full hours on the ungroomed. Not much better today, but relief is in sight.

BackLoafRiver

Back from early gym workout : Bad News : Lower Back is tight and achin like hell , Good news : now lost 45 lbs - my effin pants are falling off me :D:D

That is amazing man! Good for you. Please share some secrets. I am having a hell of a time. I am a 4 - 5 day/ week gym guy. (unless I ski two days on the weekends.) When I was in the doctors last week, they weighed me and I was up 15!!!! I nearly passed out. I thought I was doing well. Ugh.

Currently waiting for a student to show for some private instruction. Tuesdays are marathons that go from 7:10 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. with no break.

SKIQUATTRO

congrats on the weight loss....simple formula: burn more than you consume = weight loss.

keep it up!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That is amazing man! Good for you. Please share some secrets. I am having a hell of a time. I am a 4 - 5 day/ week gym guy. (unless I ski two days on the weekends.) When I was in the doctors last week, they weighed me and I was up 15!!!! I nearly passed out. I thought I was doing well. Ugh.

Currently waiting for a student to show for some private instruction. Tuesdays are marathons that go from 7:10 a.m. to 8:15 p.m. with no break.

I feel for you. I'm up to running 4 days a week and recently added in an exercise DVD 6 days a week... and since July, I've only managed to lose 11 pounds. 11 pounds in 5 months. Sucks.

Maybe I'll have another beer while I complain about it... ;) :beer:

I don't know about your situation, but while I *know* I can lose a lot of weight fast by not eating, I'm not doing that because I'm more concerned about fueling for athletic pursuits than strictly weight loss. Hence the painfully slow loss. I guess if I keep at it, it will have to come off eventually though. Good luck to you!

drjeff

Seeing how long it will take some of my office staff to find me as I'm "hiding out" at the new desk-top terminal that we just installed today in a previously non-computerized part of the office :)