• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sweet Rack or Nice Box!

How do you carry your skis?

• Rack

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Box

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Whatever, it all gets tossed in the back.

Votes: 52 53.1%

• Total voters

Warp Daddy

For extended road trips My Saab Sport combi handles all our ski gear. boot bags etc INSIDE as well as the other backpacks duffles etc . Has 73 cu ft of luggage space w/ the seats down

for daytripping even our Corolla handles it fine

Warp Daddy

Somehow it lost most of it's oil and the connecting rod bearings got obliterated. No oil pressure light, overheating, or other signs of trouble.. it just started losing power and then died on the highway.

Wow sorry bout that B !!!!! Thank god you weren't injured . Time for a new "toy"

wa-loaf

Somehow it lost most of it's oil and the connecting rod bearings got obliterated. No oil pressure light, overheating, or other signs of trouble.. it just started losing power and then died on the highway.

How are the lemon laws in CT?

hammer

Wow sorry bout that B !!!!! Thank god you weren't injured . Time for a new "toy"

+1 on not being injured. How many miles did it have on it?

Time for Kars4Kids...;-)

C-Rex

Damn. That sucks.

The oil pump pickup in my STi broke off at the flange at around 49k miles. Before they figured that out, they were going to wack me like $8k for a new engine. Luckily, I read about the problem on a Subie forum and told the dealer to pull the pan and check. I ended up with a brand new shortblock, valvetrain, oil pump/pickup, and turbo. Basically, anything oil touched, they replaced.

My rear seat doesn't have a pass-through because of a strut tower brace in the way, so I went with a Thule rack on mine. Between that and the trunk, I can get 4 people and their gear in comfortably. I added some ride-height adjustable coilovers 2 years ago so I can lower it in the summer and raise it up in the winter for more clearance. 3 hour drives in the snow are much more fun in a rally car. :cool:

KD7000

I use a Thule rack, though the board always travels inside the car when it's just me.

I'd really like to have a box, but I wouldn't be able to pull into my garage with it on top of the Pilot. Not enough height clearance.

dartmouth01

I put a box on top of my gf's beetle, and we only lose maybe 1 mpg. However, the beetle has odd aerodynamics, so the effect might be lessened. We need the box for when we take the dog or another person w us. I also have a set of racks but never use them anymore, unless I need the box and the racks together for a longer trip.

Morwax

I didnt see "Bed of the pickup" so I voted, just throw em in the back. Or they ride in the trunk of the A6. Been looking at used Hummer H2s, Avalanche or maybe GMC yukon for the next ski bus.