• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Boot Backpack

Rushski

The Transpack works great and by the amount I'm seeing in lodges this year, people are loving them!

Of course mine is all black and I'll have to find a way to mark it to be easier to find...

Sky

Sorry I missed out on this thread earlier.

I've had a Transpack for three? seasons now. Christmas gift! LOVE IT! I have some crappy older "nylon" boot bag that I still keep for "alternate" weather gear....extra socks, warmer jacket liner, glove inserts, warmer ski pants, fleece pants (for when it's super cold), etc.

So I toss that in the truck....but draw from it as needed and leave it in the truck. The Transpack holds everything else (except my coat...I wear that). My sole length is 361.

One thig I discovered...and due mostly to my Herman Munster-sized boots......I have to put the boots in first THEN jam the center with my other goo...helmet last.

Ski&Ride

Another thumbs up for the Transpack. After years of using a basic duffel bag (no one will steal an old crappy all black duffel bag), I picked up the XT1 this year and love it. Only bought a new bag because it was too hard to carry my gear and my kids skis as well. The deal I made with my kids when we started skiing as a family last year is that they needed to carry their own bags. Now I want to buy the the smaller Transpacks for them so they can carry their own skis as well.

dropKickMurphy

Just bought the TRV for myself and a blue floral XTW for my daughter. Both appear to be very well designed and constructed. Can't wait to try them out this weekend.

I did a bit of searching online and found the best price at http://www.iskishop.com which is Inverness Ski Shop in Waitsfield, VT.

They have the TRV for $71.96, the XT-1 (and XTW) for $47.96. They didn't charge me any shipping (free on orders > $100) and they were at my door 2 days after ordering.