• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eastern gs ski

levy1

OK, so I bought a Blizzard R Power 174 for swooping GS turns. It is just OK. Way faster then anything else I have, I like the speed and good Ice hold.**Why does my Kendo 177, 22 radius ski make such a smooth beautiful GS turn? Is it the radius? I want the same turn, same easy feel but faster speed.**Do I need more radius to get the turn I want?**I always buy a 2 or 3 year old ski because I am on SS and funds are always limited. Do I need to buy a newer GS?*All the Beer League skis are around 19 radius, Volkl, Rossi, Atomic*Is 174 to short? in these skis and I need to go to 180?*If you say it is the radis I would need a WC ski and have no idea what length or what might be easy and I could ski it all day.*67, 190lbs, Level 8 or 9 on the groomers want more speed and a swooping GS turn. Skiing east but this would be for big mountain GS.Thanks again

drjeff

A true race ski, you've got to be on EVERY turn and work it! A "beer league" ski gives a bit of Lee way and skis "smoother" regardless of style

SIKSKIER

My everyday Cannon ski is a K2 Moto GS race stock.They are really not "true" race stock but I get a lot of comments on how skinny they are compared to most skis out there now.Firm and fast is how most days are at Cannon and these skis love that.