• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess the ski area

jaytrem

Pebble Creek? Further West

Mt. Waterman? Further North

Clue 1: In some way it is related to Winter Park

Clue 2: Skiing there can be a liberating experience.

jaytrem

Mission Ridge

Correct!!! Mission Ridge is home to one of Winter Park's old HSQs, now called the Liberator Express (named for a military plane that crashed into the mountain).

skiNEwhere

Jackson Hole? They do have a newish double, I think that's a double in the pic.

Dammit, I'm gonna have to start excluding you from answering lol

Yes, it's Jackson Hole. I thought I might have been able to throw people off by including the picture of the East Ridge Double, which was only installed and used for 2 seasons while the Tram underwent renovation.

jaytrem

Dammit, I'm gonna have to start excluding you from answering lol

Yes, it's Jackson Hole. I thought I might have been able to throw people off by including the picture of the East Ridge Double, which was only installed and used for 2 seasons while the Tram underwent renovation.

:) Good guess on my part. That's the only place I could think of that has a double chair that new looking (other than Mountain Creek, but that has a different look).

Here's one that might be tough....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Powder.jpg
    Powder.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 147

skiNEwhere

I'll be amazed if anyone gets that. I could say Vail and be right in the sense that I could find a spot in the back bowls that looks just like that.

Do you have a more zoomed out picture?

jaytrem

I'll be amazed if anyone gets that. I could say Vail and be right in the sense that I could find a spot in the back bowls that looks just like that.

Do you have a more zoomed out picture?

Yeah, it is a tough one. I need to take more pictures, I don't have a big collection to choose from. Sorry, no zoomed out picture.

Not Vail, Targhee or Bachelor.

Clue 1: Lower 48. I'm pretty sure this is the furthest ski area from any other ski area in this state. If you want to ski somewhere else you have to drive about 95 miles and then you only get to a place with 700 vert (which would be extremely low for this state). Bonus points for naming both areas.