• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Does One Take Control of Congress and the USA?

dmc

What really sucks to me is the erosion of middle class institutions...

Places cant afforsd to stay open anymore and end up being sold off for high price condos - etc....

JimG.

Staff member
ctenidae said:
Somebody grab a stick and poke the Silent Majority, see if they're still alive. At least, hold a mirror under their nose or something.

Careful what you wish for ctenidae...when the beast awakens it will be ugly. This isn't going to be an event that develops over years; there will be one defining event that will swell emotions to the breaking point and then, watch out!

Look at it like a failing dam...right now, our government officials are sticking fingers and toes into holes in the dam, thinking they will keep up. Suddenly, they will be overwhelmed and swept away in the ensuing flood.

JimG.

Staff member
riverc0il said:
Until the American people wake up a little and think for themselves, at least a little, rather than let whatever talking head is delivering the message of the day do it for them, we'll be stuck in the situation as it currently is.
i maybe a little pessimistic regarding the human condition, but having studied human behavior in college and having been an astute observer my entire life, i wouldn't relay on humaninity realizing they need to think for themselves. how many times has literature warned as to think for ourselves, yet how few people actually do so? just the amazing amount of people on the fence over the last election is puzzlement enough. and i don't care which side people lined up on, but with issues that big, how could you possibly be undecided? part of the reason is the poor choice of potential elected officials. but i think the larger reason is most people do not think critically, search out and research issues, read up on articles, and make positive debates such as this one. most people are content to be spoon fed by their local TV news station which isn't providing real news. but rather they are simply regurgitating sound bytes and the politicians own words instead of investigating, probing, asking questions, and doing objective critical analysis. this happens occasionally in the news media, but generally not on your local TV news or newspapers where most people are getting their info. no wonder they are undecided, they just keep getting sound bytes thrown at them from people who are obviously either lying or trying to slant an issue. the media shares some blame, but people are rarely proactive in their attempts to find out the truth. most just like to complain regardless of what is being done.

I believe folks do think for themselves but are totally distracted by the "fluff" in our society. Most are too consumed with issues like who got booted off of "The Apprentice" and the other crap in the media you have mentioned.

As for the undecided, did it ever occur to you that a decision is made when someone chooses to not vote? I couldn't vote for either Bush or Kerry, so I voted for Ralph Nader who is a few brain cells away from zombie status. I didn't vote for him because I like his politics, I voted for him out of protest because our leadership choices are so poor.

I take my rights and responsibilities as a citizen of this country seriously, and it pained me to have to do what I did, but I feel it was my only choice.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
The edu-doctrinational system in this country is 100% crap.

I say the same thing about it as I do Social Security... don't give me any of the money back, it's lost... just let me get out now and keep my money thank you.

We home school our kids.

-Stephen