• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stolen Ski Sticky???

Trekchick

I just bumped a thread that I posted last April about a pair of skis that Phil had stolen from a demo day. Today another member had a pair of skis he started at thread about.

would it be possible to start a sticky thread for posts of descriptions/pics of stolen skis?
Not chatter, just a stolen on date, pic and or description of the ski, location stolen.........
Some may not be obvious, but others, like Phils, would be a one of a kind ski that may be seen out there.

Thougths?

MRGisevil

I'd be more inclined to read a newly started thread versus a sticky. In my experience stickies tend to get overlooked. A stand alone thread will put more spot light on the missing item. Not only that, numerous threads regarding stolen skis popping up might promote a subconcsious awareness for people on the forum to keep tabs on their skis (not that that will always prevent theft, but it may, in some situations, help avoid it.)

Greg

Staff member
Luckily, I don't think it happens enough to warrant a dedicate sticky thread. Like Marge says, a new thread for each occurrence would suffice. The OP is welcome to bump it periodically.

I think it's bad for stoke..and most people get their skis stolen out of stupidity..for not locking up their skis..

Philpug

I think it's bad for stoke..and most people get their skis stolen out of stupidity..for not locking up their skis..

Seriously, if you have a problem with me contact me via PM. These jabs you are taking are getting tiresome real fast.

Philpug

Quit hijacking the Pocono threads...

Hijacking is changing the thread direction to another topic. I am just stating my views of a topic which are probably overly negative as yours are overly positive. Either way, that does not give you the right to attack me personally. Not an any of the threads did I ever attack YOU, I would appreciate the same consideration.

dmc

Also include various, easily employed methods to insure skis do not get stolen to being with...

If you take a little time - and a little effort - you can keep this from happening...