• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

Glenn

Anyone ever have "Harbucks" or "Tweaks"?

sp217_harbucks_bg.gif

dmc

believe me, I did not have a good night's sleep. I actually woke up more pissed off then when I went to bed, at posters here, and myself as well.

My OP had nothing but facts. I did not slander/libel them and was very careful in choosing my words. Then I let certain posters take me to a dark place.

Actually, the difference I see is that there are more coherent intelligent people on now than there were last night.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showpost.php?p=462438&postcount=11

deadheadskier

Staff member
In other news a long study has been reported on the intrawebs confirming that not only cats, but horses have 9 lives as well.

now back to our regularly scheduled never ending argument.

:dunce:

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Swamp - After reading your OP you definately have a legit beef. The owner, at the best should have backed the deal that you were offered, at the least, offered to split the diference.

Lots of possibilities as to why the guy you dealt with made an offer that wouldn't work for the owner. The saleman probably assumed they could get the skis you wanted from the manufacturer but it turned out they could not. He thought you were cute so he wanted to impress you with a deal. He is new so he forgot some important info during training, Hard to know why it happened, doesn't change the fact that your not a happy customer.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the fight and I get the feeling that's actually how you feel as well. Small Claims court is kinda a joke, even if you get a judgement in your favor there is really not anything this court can do to help you get the money. Go to the manufactorers website and there are, hopefully, email and phone customer service info. Since you gave them a downpayment I assume you have something in writing.

Conversly, please consider that your situation might be an anomoly at a shop that does a good job. Ski Shops are under the gun just like everyother retail business out there so I understand why the owner would not want to take the hit. The Ski Market chain out of Mass has closed several shops.

Happy turns

Trekchick

My new fav coffee drink:
Cognac, Khalua, and coffee.

Think I'll give 'er a try---sounds good.
True story:
At ESA Stowe, the bartender at the Trapp Family Lodge put an extra shot of cognac in the this drink for me and Cgeib and said, "I know that the two of you are the leaders in this group. If I put you out, I get to go home on time"
I laughed!!!

FWIW, the Trapp is not used to a group like ours that hangs around talking into the wee hours.

Grassi21

I make my own khalua. i usually use 100 proof vodka in it. 3 cups vodka, 3 cups brown sugar, 3 cups of strong coffee, and a vanilla bean that is split down the middle. let it sit at least 1 week preferably more. add a couple of drops of glycerin to give it some viscosity. great for just doing shots. nice little caffeine boost as well. think i'm gonna make some this evening....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I make my own khalua. i usually use 100 proof vodka in it. 3 cups vodka, 3 cups brown sugar, 3 cups of strong coffee, and a vanilla bean that is split down the middle. let it sit at least 1 week preferably more. add a couple of drops of glycerin to give it some viscosity. great for just doing shots. nice little caffeine boost as well. think i'm gonna make some this evening....
Thanks for the recipe! I have a few vanilla beans in the cabinet and haven't found the perfect use for them yet. :D

Grassi21

Thanks for the recipe! I have a few vanilla beans in the cabinet and haven't found the perfect use for them yet. :D

you could even steep the vanilla bean in the 3 cups of water and then use the vanilla water for your coffee. only problem is a slight vanilla taste in your morning coffee for a bit. i also brew the coffee and then run it through the same grinds a second time to intensify the flavor.

ps - stick it in old booze bottle or find a growler... i'll dig up a pic. this thread is so much better now. :beer:

384-1.jpg

hrstrat57

Interesting thread.

In my PSIA days I pro formed 2 pair of skis a year. I was on snow up to 100 days a year and needed the skis to work. Plus my weapon of choice at the time was primarily Rossi 4SK, I would literally wear out one pair and put the 2nd into action near the end of the season. The sandwich construction didn't hold up...but when new they were a dream and I got em cheap so what the heck. I switched to Olins near the end of my teaching days...RTS, DTSL and DSK and they held up much better...towards the end once I switched to Olin I only grabbed 1 pair a year. I bought 1 pair of boots each year too...I am on my final 2 pair of Tecnica Explosion 8's now....

I still have one mint pair of Rossi 4SK 203's in the basement BTW....

Fact is, things must be quite different now. The 2 shops I dealt with along with my other SS buds both said any discussion of pro form with customers blew the deal.

Further I recall having a shop reneg on a pro form deal more than once for the exact reason in this thread......I moved on and scammed my boards somewhere else on those occasions.

The shops agreed to play pro form because I sent them a lot of biz.....but had I told anyone I got skis on the cheap there would have been hell to pay.

Now we're blasting pro form talk all over AZ.

I guess things have changed.

FWIW if the purpose of pro form is to get a deal for a ski you need to take to line up for teaching purposes in New England is the Mantra an appropriate ski for pro form anyway? I would think not, but again....things have changed I guess.

Please continue, very interesting.

Happy holidays folks:beer:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
since none of you know the fucking details of what happened when I first went to Ski Haus, nor do you really care to know, why don't you all just shut the fuck up. It's way more fun to bash me when you don't know shit, so have at it.

Bunch of fucking tools.....
Wow. You are the one that posted about it on the internet. If you don't want people to comment on your situation, don't post on the internet... especially if you are not prepared for other people to disagree with you.

No need for the F bombs either, you are only escalating the problem by being hostile. There are a lot of people loyal to Ski Haus that are just saying that the shop is very reputable and it seems like it is possible the shop may have had a valid reason for doing what they did and in fact YES we do not know all the details because they have not been presented in a completely unbiased way by both parties involved.