• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

Sparafucile

Ski Haus has *earned* all the trouble it gets

My name is Steve Pilla. My brother Wayne and I have owned Ski Haus since 1988. Before that, the business was owned by my uncle John since 1965. It all started out in Wilmington, MA as a hobby and a way to get the kids skiing more cost effectively.

I don't know where the post about boot fitters came from. I am new to the whole forum thing and the only way I heard about it was from a customer who read the original post and my assistant store manager who just kicked me in the butt to get back on here and clear things up. This is a difficult situation that comes along once in a great while and is not typical of the customer service offered by Ski Haus in the years we have been around. Some people are more difficult to please weather it be that they don't understand how procedures work or if things aren't explained as clearly as they should have been by an employee of my store that has worked for me for his tenth season.

I appreciate the support of our loyal customers over the years and will continue to offer the best experience I can when you visit our store.

Steve -- you are personally a lowlife, who deserves every rebuke imaginable for any professional missive and conflict your flawed personality causes you to instigate.

I try to not ascribe to malice what can be perfectly well-explained by incompetence. But in Steve's case, one can start with malice. The incompetence is just a bonus.

gmcunni

Steve -- you are personally a lowlife, who deserves every rebuke imaginable for any professional missive and conflict your flawed personality causes you to instigate.

I try to not ascribe to malice what can be perfectly well-explained by incompetence. But in Steve's case, one can start with malice. The incompetence is just a bonus.

great first post, welcome to AZ.

dissatisfied customer or disgruntled ex-employee?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sorry to hear that there is some sort of conflict here. Please read the rules before posting as we don't normally have this sort of posting on here.

Sparafucile

THere's another word for that....

Irish Alzheimer's, he forgets everything but the grudges!!!

.... it's called a "tautology".

Nevertheless, you have indeed noticed that the OP's unrectified issue is five years old. Why do you (incorrectly) assume the same of mine?

Cannonball

Nevertheless, you have indeed noticed that the OP's unrectified issue is five years old. Why do you (incorrectly) assume the same of mine?

The OP doesn't seem to have an issue at all (in any state of rectification). In fact he seems to have only good things to say about Ski Haus.

wa-loaf

Instead of just disparaging someone in your first post in a ski forum you may want to take the time to explain your beef with Ski Haus. Maybe you will get more sympathy from the forum members and highlight a legitimate issue with the store and it's owner. Or we may realize you are just a whiney customer with unrealistic expectations. But without your story you just come across as jerk.

Sparafucile

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm not eager for sympathy. I'd merely like to caution others about the practices of the owner with whom I dealt directly. Whether readers choose to heed my caution, or assess things as you did, is entirely up to them.

I'd love to supply more detail -- but I've found that preserving my anonymity is essential where conflicts with unethical people are concerned.

As for being a "whiney customer" -- that'd be a neat trick, given that I've been an avid skier for 30+ years, and boarder for just over 20, and have NEVER before published any complaint about a merchant or mountain. In fact this "beef", as you called it, was significant enough to get me to sign up for this forum on which I've been lurking for years without any motivation to post, and consequently subject myself (albeit, pseudonymously) to the drivel of respondents who like to focus on parentheticals instead of the meat of anything I write.

Cannonball

I'd merely like to caution others about the practices of the owner with whom I dealt directly. Whether readers choose to heed my caution, or assess things as you did, is entirely up to them.

It's hard to heed your caution without having any idea what the issue is.

As for being a "whiney customer" -- that'd be a neat trick, given that I've been an avid skier for 30+ years, and boarder for just over 20, and have NEVER before published any complaint about a merchant or mountain.

You still really haven't published a complaint. Just insults.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think the bottom line is that if you want to be a constructive member than you're welcome to our Boards. If you want to flame about an incident you had with a store, direct your ire at them directly.

ironhippy

Whether readers choose to heed my caution, or assess things as you did, is entirely up to them.

Why would I heed your caution? As far as I know you are the owner's ex wife who's pissed about a personal situation or maybe an owner of a competing sports store.

Vague, generic statements aren't going to sway anyone one way or another, so unless you are ready to talk about specifics, you're better off remaining silent.

wa-loaf

instead of the meat of anything I write.

Your posts mean nothing without the details. And no one will take you seriously until you give a clear description of why you hate this guy so much. You can still keep it relatively anonymous. So ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• wheres-the-beef1.jpg
    wheres-the-beef1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 365

jrmagic

Thanks for the suggestion. But I'm not eager for sympathy. I'd merely like to caution others about the practices of the owner with whom I dealt directly. Whether readers choose to heed my caution, or assess things as you did, is entirely up to them.

I'd love to supply more detail -- but I've found that preserving my anonymity is essential where conflicts with unethical people are concerned.

As for being a "whiney customer" -- that'd be a neat trick, given that I've been an avid skier for 30+ years, and boarder for just over 20, and have NEVER before published any complaint about a merchant or mountain. In fact this "beef", as you called it, was significant enough to get me to sign up for this forum on which I've been lurking for years without any motivation to post, and consequently subject myself (albeit, pseudonymously) to the drivel of respondents who like to focus on parentheticals instead of the meat of anything I write.

Caution others about practices you won't detail???? Noone knows a thing about you. Why would they give your warning any credence? Either provide some details to substantiate your position or take your drivel and go back to your hole.