• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2008-09 Ski Season Breakdown Thread

How many days did you ski this season?

• <10

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 11-20

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 21-30

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • 41-50

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 51-60

• 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

• 81-90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 91-100

• 101+

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

mondeo

I guesstamate about 50. I really envy those of you who get close to 100. There's no way I can pull that off and still work full time.
You need a close place for night skiing. And then because it doesn't have vert, steeps, trees, or powder, you ski bumps all the time to make it interesting. You'll soon find even that isn't enough, and have to resort to shooting video so you at least have something interesting to do after skiing (which is finding the perfect 90's alternative rock song to set the edited video to.)

:dunce:

Beetlenut

Well I'm sure this will be the least days on here - 4.

2- Killington
1- Magic
1-Stratton
a few hours at Sundown
and a few hours at the mighty Goo.

yes, I feel bad for me too!

Next year has to be better :razz:

Holy cow rain man.

Yeah almost 1700 total days represented so far in this thread..I like to count..

You sure don't get much vertical in per day. I try and get at least 25k/day. One day at Loon Mnt, NH I did 43,120, would of done more but had 2 days after that at Stowe so I stopped at 2 PM.

Well I ski almost everyday so alot of my sessions are 2-3 hour long afterwork sessions for a quck 15-20K of vert..on the weekends at Blue mountain, I'm limited mainly by crowds..In my senior year of high school, I skied 66 days and over 2.6 million vertical feet..yes an average of around 40k per session..thanks mainly to the High Speed quad at Blue mountain but also some ski trips..I skied 70k in a day at Stowe..two seasons ago I had a 60K+ vert day at Jackson Hole..I had trouble walking after that..but yeah this past season I skied the least amount of vertical in the past 4 years..but still pretty good for living in PA..

Wow...that's awesome GSS! Considering AZ represents less then 10% or 5%, or 2% or who knows percent of the mountain population,that sounds like a busy season.

it's still in the hundred of thousands if not millions of dollars in annual spending towards skiing and riding...now if only I could get a piece of that action...maybe heli-skiing at Blue mountain!!!!!

bousquet19

My grand total for 08-09 is 30...more than I've ever done before:

Liberty -- 6
Whitetail -- 6
Wisp -- 2
Seven Springs -- 2
Timberline -- 2
Killington -- 2
And once at each of these areas: Roundtop, Whiteface, Bromley, Wintergreen, Canaan Valley, Massanutten, Camelback, Hidden Valley (NJ), Berkshire East, Pico, Windham, Plattekill, Snowshoe

If the math doesn't add up, it's because on 3 different days I skied 2 areas on the same day.

Enjoy the spring,
Woody

faceplant

I used to count a long time ago but stoped because it made skiing like a chore instead of fun
plus it doesnt matter to me
enjoying myself does

but since your asking i'd say i probably cracked 40

while working 2 jobs mind you
not bad

Eski

132 ... most at Hunter with one or more days spent at Gore, Mt. Snow, Stratton, Pico, Killington, Mad River Glen, Smugglers Notch and Jay Peak ... yes, it's been a great season

frozencorn

Wow, the numbers on here astound me. And remind me of more than a decade ago when I'd reach similar amounts of days in college. Alas....

Wildcat - 6 days
Stowe - 2 days
Sugarbush - 1 day
Jay Peak - 1 day
Stratton - 1 day
Waterville - 1 day
Sunday River - 1 day
Wachusett - 1 day
Okemo - 1 day
Smuggler's Notch - 1 day

16. Sweet, but....

HD333

15 with the kids mostly Whachusett and Gunstock. 1 Day adults only at Tremblant.

So 16, the hoorible part is the wife did 17!.

Looking to double the #;s next year.

Lostone

Altho I've been told on this board, that I'm too old... Today was 137. Still under 2M', but should cross that before Saturday. All at Sugarbush. If you're going to ski one mountain... or even more than one, it is a good one to be at. ;-)

More results to follow. :cool:

Terry

75 going into this weekend. 80 may be tough. We'll see

You can do it! We can always hike and ski the patch at the River in mid May. I am at 96 right now. 2 this weekend, 2 at the Loaf on May 2nd and 3rd makes 100!