• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

70°F

bvibert

Staff member
JimG. said:
illmatic said:
skibum1321 said:
illmatic said:
when i lived out west my season would start around halloween and end around the 4th of july. i would get in about 30 quality powder days.

now that i live on the wrong coast i'm lucky if it starts by thanksgiving and thankful it lasts until may 1. most of it on dirt, rock and ice.

i need to move.
If you hate the east then leave. We don't really want you here anyway. There are so many great things about living in the east that I would never want to leave. All I have to say is once you leave, let me know so I can say good riddance.

lol...i just noticed this reply. :lol: :lol:

[deleted by moderator]

Dude, he lives in NH...why is it whenever anyone gets a twist in their shorts they start up on NY?
If I read it correctly he's saying that they don't make it further West past New York, since skibum said he would never want to leave the East...

JimG.

Staff member
bvibert said:
If I read it correctly he's saying that they don't make it further West past New York, since skibum said he would never want to leave the East...

Then why not say past NH or VT? Or New England? Why is it NY every time someone gets a little pissed?

Frankly, if I ever wind up leaving this forum it's going to be over this lame NY crap all the time.

I'm just f@#$ing sick of it!!

Vano

And the thread hits a new low. :beer:

Can someone just tell me the first day I can ski? I'm dying over here. Then you guys can get back to bashing each other :)

bvibert

Staff member
JimG. said:
bvibert said:

Then why not say past NH or VT? Or New England? Why is it NY every time someone gets a little pissed?

Frankly, if I ever wind up leaving this forum it's going to be over this lame NY crap all the time.

I'm just f@#$ing sick of it!!

I don't know why New York is the default in such matters. Why do some people have to revert to calling people names like jerkoff, are we still in 8th grade??

I hope you don't let other people's non-sense drive you from this board, we'd miss you too much...

thetrailboss

Staff member
The comment that was made regarding NYer's and a derogatory comment that was thrown out was inappropriate. The commentator has been contacted via PM.

Please follow our guidelines and be considerate to each other.

JimG.

Staff member
Vano said:
And the thread hits a new low. :beer:

Can someone just tell me the first day I can ski? I'm dying over here. Then you guys can get back to bashing each other :)

I think we're all dying to ski...this warmth and the October tease is killing me!

I guess that's why the bashing got started; I'm done, just don't like my state being dragged into something it has nothing to do with.

skibum1321

I totally missed what was said. I don't really care all that much though. Just for the record - I think upstate NY is great.

highpeaksdrifter

JimG. said:
I guess that's why the bashing got started; I'm done, just don't like my state being dragged into something it has nothing to do with.

Well, ya see there are 2 New Yorks, Upstate and Downstate. Where upstate starts is different to different people. To me Upstate starts in Albany. As all upstaters know everybody and everything downstate stinks and everybody and everything upstate is great. There are never any exceptions to this well known NYer rule.

RossiSkier

highpeaksdrifter said:
JimG. said:

Well, ya see there are 2 New Yorks, Upstate and Downstate. Where upstate starts is different to different people. To me Upstate starts in Albany. As all upstaters know everybody and everything downstate stinks and everybody and everything upstate is great. There are never any exceptions to this well known NYer rule.

There's upstate, downstate, and western NY. Buffalo and Albany are two different planets.

BTW, it's snowing in northern Maine. ROAD TRIP!!!

bml_None_anim.gif