• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Whole Lot Going On At Windham

highpeaksdrifter

For families, I would say that's correct.

So Hunter isn't for families? What’s Hunter for unattached drunks and rabble-rousers?

is.jpg

U talkin old Hunter not new Hunter. Where's JimmyG and DMC when you need them?

dmc

So Hunter isn't for families? What’s Hunter for unattached drunks and rabble-rousers?

is.jpg

U talkin old Hunter not new Hunter. Where's JimmyG and DMC when you need them?

Hunter is for everyone!!! Except intermediates - who curse it cause they can't ski it...

tirolerpeter

Windham Changes

The installation of the "East Peak Express Quad" should make skiing that area tolerable again for advanced skiers. When they cut that long wrap around green trail off the top, they really screwed up access to those three black diamond trails. The original fixed lift became virtually unusable due to the stop and start loading of the many families and beginners trying to access that nice green.

JimG.

Staff member
I never made it to Windham last year, but the year before I was there and had a great few days in the trees. They are pretty well hidden, but have some decent pitch to them...

Comparing to Hunter... Hunter is just bigger.

You must be nuts...Hunter is just bigger?

Hunter's terrain BLOWS AWAY Windham's...it's not even close.

Here's an open invite to come back to Hunter and check it out. I'll be your guide. Because it's obvious you haven't skied there in years if ever.

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
You must be nuts...Hunter is just bigger?

Hunter's terrain BLOWS AWAY Windham's...it's not even close.

Here's an open invite to come back to Hunter and check it out. I'll be your guide. Because it's obvious you haven't skied there in years if ever.

I spend most of my time at Hunter while I'm visiting the NY State mountains on the weekends. I've been up and down the WEST side, riden the F chair most of the day while hellgate was packed.

I didn't expect my comments to go by the wasteside with you and\or DMC; however, I'd be more than happy to catch up with you and\or DMC on a upcoming winter weekend day.

Let's compare the two statistics wise...
Hunter Windham Advantage
Vert 1600' 1600' Push
Elev 3200' 3100' Hunter
Acre 240 257 Windham
#Trails 53 45 Hunter
#Lifts 11 8 Hunter

The trails and lifts shouldn't really count... It really comes down to terrain. I know there are more double diamond trails are Hunter, but how often are they always open?

For the past two years, Belleayre and Windham has improved \ expanded their resort. Hunter always comes back with we have the best snow guns in NY... come on. That only gets you so far especially if the terrain gets skied off by noon.

I do though I have strong respect for Hunter and look forward to boarding it every year. I will always purchase a Big Lift card and always stop for a peak at 'The Pro' prior to heading home....

Greg

Staff member
Hunter always comes back with we have the best snow guns in NY... come on. That only gets you so far especially if the terrain gets skied off by noon.
Take cover!!!
:flame: :uzi: :smash:

dmc

Let's compare the two statistics wise...
Hunter Windham Advantage
Vert 1600' 1600' Push
Elev 3200' 3100' Hunter
Acre 240 257 Windham
#Trails 53 45 Hunter
#Lifts 11 8 Hunter

Don't pay attention to statistics..
Statistics are just numbers they have no soul...

Come on up... We'll ride and not pay any attention to numbers...

JimG.

Staff member
I'm big enough (physically at 6'3" and mentally) to handle whatever they want to come back with... back it.... bring it.

Greg stirring up trouble again.

Dude, I don't want to fight, I want to ski.

Yes, I totally disagree that Hunter is just bigger than Windham...come on up and hang with dmc and me for a day to let us prove it to you.

We won't beat you up.

dmc

Thanks DMC. I have a feeling you, I and JimG were on the mountain many times over last winter and will certainly catch up with you guys for a fun day out...

Cool.... and please... no numbers... just snowboarding... :)

RIDEr

Website
www.hobokenskiclub.com
Yea, my comment wasn't meant to state I was ready for a fight. I'm a boarder, mtn biker and lover... not a fighter (not in that order based on the season).

I am very open minded and look forward to seeing the terrain through a local perspective... then, I will eat my comments (if proved wrong) on a TR later this year.