• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

danimals

And there ya go...time to move on...
I moved on. I’ve been riding hunter since the late 90’s but this year was just a giant piece of concrete rebar piercing the coffin. Im sure there were great days on the hill, but each day I went was sub-par, even for this year. Terrible grooming, garbage snowmaking. Snow reports saying x y and z are open, just to arrive and have them be the furthest thing from open.

I will miss hiking to the ravine during good years, plowing through seedlings on westway after a dump. I may come back if they ever figure out how to open hunter west (Sorry, Claire’s and way out is not cutting it).

Reactions: zyk

catskillman

One great thing they are doing for employees, the ones that are left & are not part time weekenders (like the majority) - they are opening the mountain today from 2-4 for them to ski/ride during the eclipse and then serving hot dogs. They even groomed last night!

catskillman

chairs are off the B lift and in the parking lot by the tubing area. They took down the webcam's though.