• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody else here use a Thule T2 rack (hitch mount)

o3jeff

o3jeff, Do you have the screw like the one in picture? I wonder if this is the "bolt" to prevent a tray from coming off. I do know that in order to slide the tray on and off (I'm only using one tray), you do have to get it quite loose to slide off.

Yea, I have that same screw. Never had a problem with them sliding and have never double check to make sure they were tight.

C-Rex

Sort of off topic but I just got a new hitch rack, the Yakima Stickup. I haven't had a bike on it yet but it seems pretty solid, especially for a 1-1/4" receiver. I was debating between the Stickup and a few other brands, but since my friend is a dealer, he got me a great deal on this one. Plus it had a great selling point that a few others didn't:

yakima-stickup-review-26-600x450.jpg