• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boyne going BIG again with Doppelmayr at Big Sky

crank

I will admit that I found this video that Big Sky posted up today about the installation work for one of the towers for their new tram really cool to watch! Wild construction site location for sure!

Makes me want to ski there again. Is it opening for 23/24 season?

machski

The beer can opened up Lone Peak to those not wanting a super long trudge, the new tram finally brings them to big time status. I wonder if it is a bt too late, to really propel them to the upper escehlon with them now charging extra per ride on the tram.

2Planker

Have an option to attend a conference there in early March...
All expenses paid

raisingarizona

The beer can opened up Lone Peak to those not wanting a super long trudge, the new tram finally brings them to big time status. I wonder if it is a bt too late, to really propel them to the upper escehlon with them now charging extra per ride on the tram.
Are they going to charge separately for the tram still? That seems lame or at least for the price it was set at.

machski

I think they are moving to a per ride charge vs a per day charge like with the beer can tram
Yes, per ride added charge to the new Tram. You will get you card charged that is tied to your RFID every gate scan at the Tram. Price isn't fixed, it will vary for $10-40/ride and will posted throughout the resort the price for the day in question. Big Sky does offer two season pass options with Tram access, Gold gives unlimited Tram access and is currently $3150 adult. Double Black pass gives 25 Tram rides included and is currently $2600 adult. Yikes!!

snoseek

The pay per ride bullshit is something I cant get on board with. Fuck that is right!

machski

The pay per ride bullshit is something I cant get on board with. Fuck that is right!
Agree. The team to the top is what actually put that place on the map for most skier's/riders. To charge that much on top of a crazy ticket price has gone a bit too far. Might as well just make the entire joint part of Yellowstone club and call it good.