• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon or Loon Monday 1/4

rtibbs4

Website
www.basecampmountsnow.com
Heading to either Loon or Cannon Monday for a day trip. I am hoping the crowds will be gone but still some nice snow. I would be interested to hear reports from anyone skiing there this weekend particularly Sunday.

Do the kiddies go back to school this week or am I wrong?

mikestaple

All kids are back to school on Monday. Loon's web page is saying 9 plus inches in the last day. I would guess that Cannon got just as much if not more given their more northern location.

dns1764

i just saw the report fro bretton woods...they got 18-24" already, 3-6" today, and another 3-6" tomorrow. cannon isnt too far away from there so they probably have very similar amounts

mikestaple

Misread the Loon report. They are saying 21 inches in the last 24 hours. All three - Loon, Cannon, and Bretton Woods probably got bombed. And the crowds should be away on all of them.

Ice Queen

I'm staying up in Bethlehem, NH, not far from either Bretton or Cannon, and we got buried, and it's still snowing. I'm thinking Cannon tomorrow. There are at least 2 feet of snow, fluffy, light, powder.