• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Directions: Mount Snow to Burlington Airport

BeanoNYC

I'm going skiing with my wife and neighbors for a few days. My wife is catching a ride home with the neighbors and I'm picking up a buddy at BTV later that day so we can ski Jay and Stowe. What's the best way to go? I'm thinking head back south to Rt. 9 and take that west to Rt 7 and shoot up that way. Any other suggestions?

Also, if anyone has suggestions on reasonable lodging near Stowe, have at it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Probably faster to go to 91 and then up 89. Actually, much faster. Route 7 slows down in Rutland, Manchester, and Middlebury.

BeanoNYC

Probably faster to go to 91 and then up 89. Actually, much faster. Route 7 slows down in Rutland, Manchester, and Middlebury.

Thanks. There are a few more variable involved too. (Time he gets in/Outlets in Manchester with wife and neighbors/Maybe hit Killington on the way up.) When he books and I get some more information, I may need to modify the route.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Yes, there are a number of ways. I think the fastest is to go through south newfane which will lead you back out to Route 30, right by maple valley...a short 10 min trip back to 91. Or if you're going north...I think you can continue heading east on a road through dummerston and pick up 91 in putney at exit 4.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Yes, there are a number of ways. I think the fastest is to go through south newfane which will lead you back out to Route 30, right by maple valley...a short 10 min trip back to 91. Or if you're going north...I think you can continue heading east on a road through dummerston and pick up 91 in putney at exit 4.

That's the East-West Rd, just after you pass Maple Valley look for covered bridge on left going over the West Rv. You end up at Rt 5, go north a few miles and get on 91 at Putney, home of my alma mater. The road from West Dover to Rt 30 is the East Dover Rd.

Didn't we already have a thread about this?

nelsapbm

Route 7 isnt toooo bad (I don't like going through Rutland either). My mom lives in Wallingford (2 towns south of Rutland) and can get to my office by the airport in 2 hours.
Let us know the plans when they're more concrete and we'll try and get you the best route!

tree_skier

Is there a better way to get to 91 from rt. 100 in West Dover than heading south back to
Rt. 9?

The fastest is to

go S on 100 from snow
left onto Dorr Fitch road, it is the next road after the West Dover church.
Dorr fitch becomes dover hill rd and then dover rd stay on until concrete bridge in williamsville.
take hard right over concrete bridge which is depot/williamsville rd.
right onto rt 30
left over covered bridge
right on other side of bridge
stay on east-west rd to 4 way stop

to go north on 91 go staight accross intersection stay on east-west road to rt 5
left onto rt 5 north
follow signs for 91 N in putney

to go south on 91 or east on 9 in NH turn right
stay on Middle rd until rt 5.
turn right onto 5. 1 mile to exit 3 roundabout