• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Douchebag litterbugs

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I was then saying to my kids that no one owns the tables even when they store their stuff at a table. I heard him huffing and puffing behind me.

I can top that. And I don't mean to be Topper. Some goofball left a very large bag on top of a lunch table. I moved it off the table so everyone could fit. This big oaf came back and said, "who moved my bag?" I said that I did, we needed room. He raised his voice and said "Don't touch my bag! DON'T TOUCH MY BAG!" He had to be in his 20s. What a baby. Mommy, he took my toy!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I take great pleasure in sitting at these tables with people's bags under them when I eat or change out of my boots. Invariably someone comes along and gets angry because someone is sitting at "their" table. These folks need to dig up some change and get a locker.

Unless space does not allow in their lodge, I prefer resorts that have a no bag storage at the table policy and enforce it.

I also feel that all resorts should be like Killington and offer complimentary bag storage. It shouldn't be a profit center. It should be a service the resort provides that improves the overall lodge experience for everyone; not just those who use it.

Smellytele

Unless space does not allow in their lodge, I prefer resorts that have a no bag storage at the table policy and enforce it.

I also feel that all resorts should be like Killington and offer complimentary bag storage. It shouldn't be a profit center. It should be a service the resort provides that improves the overall lodge experience for everyone; not just those who use it.

Burke used to but not anymore. They moved the retail shop into that space.

C-Rex

I totally agree. It's a service every resort should provide as part of the cost of your ticket. Not only does it free up space and make for a better experience in the lodge, it prevents theft as well.

I wouldn't even throw my cigarette butts on the ground. I put them in my pocket and throw them out when I get a chance. However, I just quit smoking today. I came into work and found out that my friend and co-worker passed away on Saturday from cancer. She was a total sweetheart and one of the most outgoing people I've ever met. I went out for a cigarette break and after a couple drags I just felt incredibly stupid. I know this is obvious to most people, but today it just really hit home. No more.

jimmywilson69

I agree. Thy can still have lockers for people who want to lock up valuables.

SkiFanE

I'm so done with kids littering at Sunday River. This year I spoke to 2 groups of boys after seeing them litter and said "if I was your mother I'd be so ashamed of you"! That's all I can come up with lol...but it's the truth.

Litter in general is bad - in Boston I won't even pick up my eyes from the sidewalk or I'm bound to step in dog shit, spit or something else - people are just disgusting. Cig butts...omg...why smokers think it's okay to toss them out on the road is beyond me...maybe they think they are bio-degradable?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm so done with kids littering at Sunday River. This year I spoke to 2 groups of boys after seeing them litter and said "if I was your mother I'd be so ashamed of you"! That's all I can come up with

The cranky old man in me has been known to go up to the kids and ask their name. Some kids do it when they know their parents aren't watching. If they think their parents are about to get involved... I actually did that recently to an adult who insisted in our limited number of customer parking spots. Worked.

BenedictGomez

I was then saying to my kids that no one owns the tables even when they store their stuff at a table.

One of my biggest ski area pet peeves.

First of all, why is it okay to store your crap all day long under lunch tables? I would love to see areas ban that. It's annoying having to cram your party in around, next to, sometimes even UNDER (hang pegs by tables at Platty), people's duffel and boot bags, extra clothing, and other such crap.

Secondly, just because you put said crap under the table at 8:37am, doesn't mean that you're entitled to that table at 1:15pm.

Lastly, please dont have your non-skiing family-member "lay seige" on a big table for 6, all-day-long from 8am to 4pm. That's so rude. I've seen "siege operators " knitting, puzzle making, and hoarding library stacks of reading materials at the table for their extended sit-in.

benski

I wouldn't even throw my cigarette butts on the ground. I put them in my pocket and throw them out when I get a chance. However, I just quit smoking today. I came into work and found out that my friend and co-worker passed away on Saturday from cancer. She was a total sweetheart and one of the most outgoing people I've ever met. I went out for a cigarette break and after a couple drags I just felt incredibly stupid. I know this is obvious to most people, but today it just really hit home. No more.

Good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Lastly, please dont have your non-skiing family-member "lay seige" on a big table for 6, all-day-long from 8am to 4pm. That's so rude. I've seen "siege operators " knitting, puzzle making, and hoarding library stacks of reading materials at the table for their extended sit-in.
There was a time in my life when I would not want to sit at such a table. Now I actually enjoy sitting at those tables just to emphasize the point that they are not entitled to ownership of the table for the day. I especially enjoy doing so if it is right before the rest of their crew is scheduled to arrive.

SkiFanE

There was a time in my life when I would not want to sit at such a table. Now I actually enjoy sitting at those tables just to emphasize the point that they are not entitled to ownership of the table for the day. I especially enjoy doing so if it is right before the rest of their crew is scheduled to arrive.

At Sunday River they will set out a tablecloth early in the AM and therefor they own it. I will definitely make myself comfy if there is noone occupying the seat.

RE: bags...so many bags, not enough room. That's the problem. Why people have to bring body bags into the lodge is beyond me, but they do it. SR has tons of cubbies and hooks, and they get all used by 9am on a normal weekend day, then they go under the tables. No other choice, really. So I get a cubby, or stacked in front of it...under table is last place b/c stuff gets spilled and stepped on, that's expected. I don't get upset the shit is there, there is no other place.

Smellytele

At Jay last week in the new State side lodge a few of these had set up shop in the bar section of the bullwheel. Pissed me off - ended up sitting at the bus by the wheel well.

SkiFanE

At Jay last week in the new State side lodge a few of these had set up shop in the bar section of the bullwheel. Pissed me off - ended up sitting at the bus by the wheel well.

I'm not big on policing every little thing, but from my experience, the ones who hog an entire table for an entire day are day-trippers, not the regulars. Regular/pass-holders know better. So I think it would be in the best interest of the ski area to place signs up discouraging the practice, then I'd gladly point to sign as I plunk down my cafeteria tray with RESORT BOUGHT food and tell them to move all their made-at-home food. If you can't find a place to eat/drink..why would you buy food?

hammer

At Sunday River they will set out a tablecloth early in the AM and therefor they own it. I will definitely make myself comfy if there is noone occupying the seat.

RE: bags...so many bags, not enough room. That's the problem. Why people have to bring body bags into the lodge is beyond me, but they do it. SR has tons of cubbies and hooks, and they get all used by 9am on a normal weekend day, then they go under the tables. No other choice, really. So I get a cubby, or stacked in front of it...under table is last place b/c stuff gets spilled and stepped on, that's expected. I don't get upset the shit is there, there is no other place.

Also understand that sometimes bags just get stored under a table. If we see bags under a clear table, all we do is sit down and move them as needed. If the people come back to claim their bag, we hand it to them or let them get it. Most people are fine with this...and for the South Boston types that think putting a bag under the table gives them a claim, they can go pound snow.

farlep99

This thread is starting to read like an advertisement for backcountry skiing...