• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Emerging signal for storminess for the end of January

catsup948

I'm looking forward to snowmaking weather. Cold and maybe we catch a few inches here and there. Early February we could be in a gradient pattern - EPO and -PNA which is really good for ski country. Could be rainy on the coast and dumping out in the interior. Maybe vermont catches up to average in hurry next month?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

skifree

I think I'm to blame. Put a shovel in truck. Just removed it so we should be good to go.

bigbog

;-) 21 pages..:-o Well this is our 2nd or 3rd bout of really cold temperatures. Seems as though that north-south jetstream(frigid air-Vortex) is again happenning....bringing frigid air directly down from the Arctic. Then when it lets up, it really lets up....but thing is the moisture-laden systems, from the SE, are getting pushed out to sea, instead of tracking in a more northerly direction.

Tin

8" at Yawgoo and still coming down. They NOAA put a 14-18" band across northern RI. About 11" at m house, really slowed down overnight.

wa-loaf

Less than an inch for me just outside of 495. Crazy how the totals just dropped off.