• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Emerging signal for storminess for the end of January

Is this for this Saturday? Looking at possibly going out MLK day and while I'm guessing it will be all groomers I'd rather not have all frozen granular...

Yes, this is for this Saturday.

Now I took a peek at the long range Euro and don't look now but it's showing a carbon copy of this weekend's storm on the 22nd.

Take that with a grain of salt however. Too far out, but it's good the models like the upcoming pattern

yeggous

Models are all over the map for the next week. Every run cycle we see a whole new range of possible outcomes. Very low confidence forecast.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Love that picture. Where and when is it from?
Linden Dakota, Snowstorm, 1966
getimage.exe

getimage.exe

Men from the North Dakota National Guard work to shovel out the Sebastian Krumm house near Hague after the 1966 blizzard. Krumm had to shovel snow from the roof into the attic to get out of the house. The roof began to crack under the weight of the snow so Krumm used household furniture to brace the roof against the weight of the snow. The car in front of the house where the men are shoveling was crushed by the weight of the snow. [

MadMadWorld

Linden Dakota, Snowstorm, 1966
getimage.exe

getimage.exe

Men from the North Dakota National Guard work to shovel out the Sebastian Krumm house near Hague after the 1966 blizzard. Krumm had to shovel snow from the roof into the attic to get out of the house. The roof began to crack under the weight of the snow so Krumm used household furniture to brace the roof against the weight of the snow. The car in front of the house where the men are shoveling was crushed by the weight of the snow. [

I would make nice with Mother Nature if she gave us that.

xwhaler

Any idea of timing/optimal track for this Saturday's storm? I plan to be at Mt Abram but with a significant (2.5 hr) drive each way I'd rather not make it a 6+ hr drive each way.

Just stirring the pot now...:stirpot: but a couple GFS ensamble members showed a superbomb off the New England coast for Saturday...

skifree

Just stirring the pot now...:stirpot: but a couple GFS ensamble members showed a superbomb off the New England coast for Saturday...

Really hope so. I will be in position Friday till Monday then wed till Sunday. I'm ready!!!!

BenedictGomez

There's basically too many pieces of energy/variables and the models are confused as crap.

Could be a very good thing or a bad thing. I kindof like the complete state of uncertainty. Exciting.