• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

first day !

Warp Daddy

After spending Xmas eve and part of Christmas day in the hospital after a scare , me and 4 buddies got out yesterday . The whole mtn at Titus was left ungroomed after an 8 inch dump so it was an awesome Eastern pow day . Titus put in 15 new trails this season with 11 new glades . It was COLD but damn the snow was FLUFF so i went for it and started doing my fav warpspeed mode . felt so damn good to be out there that i went with two college kids into the woods and bumps on a new trail.

Geez i surprised myself i did fine on those puppies and I never ski bumps unless its absolutelynecessary . i actually liked it and after 20 runs felt great . It was mondo cold tho and snowing till about 2 . We skied till about 3 then want to beat the storm home . The new lodge at Titus is a huge improvement and provides ample services and space . All in all after what i went thru this was the BEST medicine . i also skated for a couple of hrs a couple of days ago so my heart is doing.

We will be going out again saturday and again wed and next fri. Will be skiing some other regionals that i can ski for free :cool:8)

Madroch

Solid- glad everything is okay and that you got a great first day in.

Warp Daddy

Thank you all you YOUNG dudes for being kind to the ole man !!! I had a great day yesterday , it was a cathartic

and today i was rockin out all pm on my Les Paul doing my best to do justice to my Jimmy Page repetoire :daffy:cuz the Queen was gone all pm volunteering so i cranked up my amps to brain bleed level and did my thing

Warp Daddy

I got to hang tough cuz i'll be 70 in May and damn THAT means FREE Yep , zero zip nada to ski at MANY places next yr

so its a helluva motivator and keeps me going to the gym so i can achieve that goal , and you guys ALL motivate me with YOUR skiing adventures too.

Happy Trails
warp

Warp Daddy

You got a long way to go. My uncle is still skiing at 84 on a regular basis.
Thats AWESOME .Most of my ski buddies are 77 thru 80 and are ex college hockey pucks with tremendous physical conditioning .one still plays and another used to race slalom for Dartmouth so i have lots of inspiration.

One of these guys still skis with one of HIS former teachers. The guy is over 90 and he and his wife ski 2 half days a week !!!!!!

Yep You just have stay in shape year round , eat right and its amazing what you can accomplish with some luck and great people around you I feel blessed to be doing this now but have mad the effort for decades to try and stay in shape and live life to the best of my ability . attitude is everything !!

Thanks for all the kind words .

Warp Daddy

Hey ST thats awesome if we are here we could meet up !! May go to ski with my grandkids sin MASS? prez week but hey would like to meet ya !!!! Keep in touch !!!

Puckster , hell man its practically your original turf , like to meet cha sometime too , two Burg dudes on da hill = scary :D