• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about a helmet thread?

dmc

newbies cuttin costs?

Actually - it could be a midweek skier vs. weekend skier...

I've been out a ton midweek(today excluded) and thats when I really notice it...

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
The problem I have is the helmet is too loose after removing liner. A loose helmet has tendency to roll over my eyes, which means truly zero visibility. I really don't want to buy a second helmet just for spring time skiing.

More helmets are now built with an adjustable feature, only the low end models of the two manufactures we sell(Giro and Smith) do not have this. I can see if you have it adjusted as small as it goes or do not have that feature, taking out the liner would be a problem. Some use foam pieces that come with some helmets to make a linerless helmet fit better.

Honestly most people have a separate summer helmet but in the last few years I have noticed more, especially kids, using their winter helmet with the liner and earmuffs off.

Personally, I'm with Geoff, even in summer mode a winter helmet is still too hot to use during the warm weather but it does work for some.