• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you eat on ski days?

ScottySkis

When I with Cornhead he BBQ those awesome chicken sandwich in his his car. By my self if broke peanut butter sandwhich or lodge food. Gore has pretty good food.

Huck_It_Baby

I'm considering ways to save money on my ski days. What to bring and ways to carry it. I've often had lunch at the bar but I'm moving away from that.

I'd like to hear how people go about this. Need some good ideas. I enjoy having a beer or two for a break but I think liquor laws are a bit of an issue in lodges. I'm not one to change or have lunch/drinks at the car. Too cold.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I sometimes throw hot thermos in my pack. You can find fairly skinny models which don't take up too much room.

I'll microwave soup, lasagna, enchiladas, etc. Stays pretty much hot all day.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
The night before a big ski day I boil 4 eggs. The next morning, I eat all 4 eggs and wash it down with V8. That will usually last until 2:00. I may pop into the lodge a few times during the day to hit the water fountain.
Depending on conditions and how I'm feeling, I'll take a 20 minute break at 2. Grab a beer and a chili and head back out for the last 1.5 hours of the day.

Domeskier

When I with Cornhead he BBQ those awesome chicken sandwich in his his car. By my self if broke peanut butter sandwhich or lodge food. Gore has pretty good food.

If I'm lucky enough to run across a hare in the trees, I fry it up on my carburetor between runs.

Bene288

Scotch and a snickers bar. No one has ever bothered me about the flask. Especially with a Sox logo on it.

dlague

Edd is that you?

At the home bump we usually bring lunch. They have been nice enough to set up an area in the lodge for the ski team and parents to have lunch. Try to avoid the cafeteria due to unhealthy choices and prices. On the road we sometimes eat in the lodge or in the spring when things are nice head out to the car and tailgate. Gotta weakness for the bar though and usually stop by for at least 1 (or more) wherever we are. (après ski).

Gotta weakness for the bar though

I hear you! Couple times lunch and après ski!

Edd

The night before a big ski day I boil 4 eggs. The next morning, I eat all 4 eggs and wash it down with V8. That will usually last until 2:00.

That sounds a bit crazy but I could do that. It's easy and you don't have to bring crap.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

The night before a big ski day I boil 4 eggs. The next morning, I eat all 4 eggs and wash it down with V8. That will usually last until 2:00. I may pop into the lodge a few times during the day to hit the water fountain.
Depending on conditions and how I'm feeling, I'll take a 20 minute break at 2. Grab a beer and a chili and head back out for the last 1.5 hours of the day.

your farts must be off-the-charts bad after that...like real paint-peelers

ScottySkis

If I drinking I just bring whisky in empty soda bottle. I wish the food in the east coast lodge was as good as the food I had in Utah mountains.