• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Ski Days so far 2013/14

4aprice

I frankly lose count. I probably get somewhere in the 40 to 50 range. Of course most of that is local in the Pocono's.(< 1 hr away) I see my pass as more like a gym membership then lift ticket cost. Pretty much ski every weekend between Thanksgiving (or just after) to April 15th with a couple of weekdays and in a normal year (not this one) 6-10 days out west. I would say my split is about 30 (PA) 10 (NNE) 10 (west).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Hawkshot99

There should be a, "What do you do for a living" thread for the people who ski > 60 days.

I manage a on Mtn ski shop. I ski most days after work, as the mtn is open to 10 7 days a week. I have skied every single day I have had off since early Nov. with the exception to 1. That day was my travel day to get out to Ut for skiing.

snoseek

There should be a, "What do you do for a living" thread for the people who ski > 60 days.

Dude, I just collect foodstamps, go on funemployment and search for whatever assistance I can find, works like a charm!

April foolz bitches!
Chef, work my ass off for a private club in the summer, save save save, work as little as possible in the winter. This year I ran a "fine dining" pm line that was only open during weekends/peak times. I never went in before noon. I am quite poor but happy.

Warp Daddy

I got 10 days this season and most likely done. I'm fine with it because I was just happy to be able to ski this season after my serious injury last season.

kudos for what you did !!!

As anyone who has come back from a very serious or even life threatening recovery knows !Summoning the COURAGE , drive and determination to get back up on them is no small accomplishment .

Celebrate your victory flyin man , you richly deserve it !! :daffy:

ERJ-145CA

Amen brother.:thumbup:

As anyone who has come back from a very serious or even life threatening recovery knows !Summoning the COURAGE , drive and determination to get back up on them is no small accomplishment .

Thanks to you both. The first time out was pretty nerve racking. I started out on the magic carpet that day and after I saw I could handle that I was riding up the lift with my son and remember wondering if I'd be able to get off without falling (I was). It took a couple more days to start to feel comfortable again and the last day I was skiing almost like I used to, albeit slower. The main difference now is that the area right under my knee starts to ache after about 7 or 8 runs and I'm still kind of afraid to fall.

drjeff

You & me both. 32 days out this year & I haven't fallen yet. You can get hurt when you fall.

I'm with you on that! 53 days YTD, totally about 825k verts and just under 900 miles skied and no falls. And I don't exactly ski casual groomers at low speed all day ;-)

If you focus on proper technique for both the snow conditions and terrain you can both have a blast and push yourself and stay upright too! The fact that I've got some great skiing friends (ranging from some PSIA Level III instructors to a couple of former US Ski Team members and ex pro racers) who I regularly ski with sure does help me both get some pointers as to how to improve and also get some direct visualization (when I can keep up with especially the former US Ski Teamer's! ;-) ) of what I often should be doing! You can put these folks on crappy rental skis in dire need of tune and its still fun to watch them rip!

Equipment is one thing, but at the end of the day its much more about the person on the equipment than the equipment itself! :)

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I fall all the time, maybe 3-4 times a day. Maybe half of the time, they're safety falls. The other half, it's usually poor technique.
I fall occasionally ,sit down, but happens when I push my speed in the bumps , but haven't had a binding release in 3yrs.( knock on wood )
Love them Marker Dukes!

dlague

My wife broke her shoulder skiing after being cut off by a newbie skier and she came back stronger than ever. I tore my ACL four years ago and the first couple of days out were touch and go but we got back out on both occasions and skied 30+ days. it was liberating. We both get tentative at times. However, we are at 29 days so far and wanted to end at 40 but it looks like 37ish will be the case for us!

steamboat1

You & me both. 32 days out this year & I haven't fallen yet. You can get hurt when you fall.

Seriously?
LOL. I hurt myself pretty good last year (busted ankle/blown ACL) on a simple run out.Lost 2/3's of the season. Both skies released immediately so I know the bindings work on my new ski's. I have no idea if the bindings worked on the ski's I had before these for 5 years, never released. Not saying I never fell in that time but just a few simple into the hill type falls. I know I've had quite a few seasons where I never fell at all. I do ski pretty much everything & I'm usually pretty sure of myself. I'm not into speed, never was. I consider myself more of a mountain goat. An old mountain goat at that. This year is my 53rd year on ski's

Last edited:

AdironRider

I tend to believe the theory that if you aren't falling, you aren't getting any better.

ScottySkis

20 o maybe. i was planning on more but life happens. great winter fun for me and skiing asnowbiarders meeting new ppl from here skiing the loaf and lots of natural snow this year so i glad with every day i got out.

BenedictGomez

I fall occasionally ,sit down, but happens when I push my speed in the bumps

Same here. Usually they're balance checks or sit downs on steep moguls, but I'm counting these as "falls". Had a few goofy looking deep snow falls at Smuggs in the woods a few weeks ago too, again, very, very minor.

Only bad fall I had this year was at Shawnee on a crowded intermediate groomer when a teenage girl cut immediately in front of me at a 90 degree'ish angle. Nothing I could do. Options were: A) "destroy her" or B) fly off the edge of the trail into nastiness, so I executed a controlled, directional crash landing. This is why I tend to avoid crowded intermediate groomers like they cause Ebola.

I hurt myself pretty good last year (busted ankle/blown ACL) on a simple run out.Lost 2/3's of the season. Both skies released immediately so I know the bindings work on my new ski's.

How did that happen, were you going Tuna speed with nitrous boost?