• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter News & sign up for the blog

catskillman

From the Huntermtn blogspot - sign up & keep it going!

Hello All,

Putting things in perspective, today was the best day of skiing so far. Brilliant sun, nice powder blown from mid station on down and Hgate was flat, firm but softened by 11. Temps were in the low 20's last night but 40 now. Snow can only be blown at night.
Belt was the worst trail - dark, frozen, crunchy and very variable mainly due to a water line break up there last night. There are no other trails on the main mtn even close to opening. There is snow on Minya but not much on Lower Cross. The weather looks great for Friday and part of Saturday but Sunday could be a mix of rain/snow depending on where the frontal line sits. There is also talk of a temperature inversion for the weekend into next week.
The NWS 7 day forecast: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Hunter&state=NY&site=ALY&lat=42.2112&lon=-74.2157
Movies: http://www.catskillmtn.org/retail/movie-theater/index.html
Pray for snow,
Jon
Please visit my blog site and sign on as followers - need more people to keep it active. http://hunterskiscene.blogspot.com/

WNYT forecast:
High pressure will keep the weather dry for us for the rest of the work week into Saturday. Some clouds will move through from time to time but with a light breeze, highs will top out in the upper 30s and lower 40s. Overnight lows will drop to the 20s.
On Sunday, the first in a series of disturbances heads our way as the weather pattern gets more active. Right now it looks like we will be right on the line between rain and snow. The subsequent storms will move through into the early and mid part of the week keeping the rain and/or snow threat going into Wednesday.

Delete Reply Reply All Forward Move Spam Actions Next Previous

dmc

I love Johnny Eyebrows. But I had great days on the hill and read his blog where he says it sucks.

So take it with a grain of salt.

John is a great guy. Always good to have another set of eyes on the hill

dmc

John is a great guy. Always good to have another set of eyes on the hill

It truly is... And he's awesome!

But I'd take your opinion on conditions over his any day of the week..

skiNEwhere

If I had a dollar for every hunter thread started this month..........

skiNEwhere

My point is there's a lot of Hunter threads, most of them redundant:dunce:

skiNEwhere

Nope. I'll just state my observation like I did and show my sarcasm. Mission: Accomplished. My work is done here :D