• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Observatiions

skidbump

Maybe if they hadn't spent all that money on a lobbyist last year they could afford to fix shit and stay open a little later.

catskillman

And what about the water fountains! The only one that works well is by the info office. The one in the cafeteria only the short kids part now works. The one by the mens room which is probaly the newest one, the push bar is off center and you have to jar it to turn off or it just runs forever.
The one in colenals hall hasen't worrked for years. Mabye its just as well as we don't need more people falling on the floor in there. Happens multiple times every weekend day!

JimG.

Staff member
No wonder I don't often see you guys on the slopes, you spend way too much time in the lodge. Get out there and ski more and these little issues won't bother you so much.

Just to clarify, would you all be happier if these little issues didn't exist but the snow quality was 25% less? Let's assume for argument's sake that you had to choose.

legalskier

Gotta hand it to the mtn ops crew- when so many other areas were barely 50% open, Hunter already was at 90%. They have a solid base that will last right until closing, whenever that will be. I'm looking forward to some sweet uncrowded spring skiing.

All I want them to do is fix the stall locks..might cost them 100.00...

+1
This is the only gripe I have, and it isn't even a big one. I just go to the next one over.

JimG.

Staff member
+1
This is the only gripe I have, and it isn't even a big one. I just go to the next one over.

The fact that most users don't pick up the seat and pee all over it bothers me alot more than the locks.
Sometimes you have to hunt to find a dry seat. But you can't fix that.

catskillman

Mabye we should all show up one day with tools and fix stuff -

We could hang a sign like they do on the side of the highway's -

THIS RESTROOM MAINTAINED COURTESY OF AZers

Scruffy

The fact that most users don't pick up the seat and pee all over it bothers me alot more than the locks.
Sometimes you have to hunt to find a dry seat. But you can't fix that.

Yeah, WTF is up with that? That's like shitting in your own refrigerator. Jeeze, sooner or later those same a-holes will have to take a dump. :roll:

x10003q

Nice pics.
Just wondering- why does a camera make a challenging double black like Lower K look like an easy blue??
Thanks.
It is not an easy blue?:spin: Yesterday it was nice and soft so I could have some fun skiing it.

There are ways to show the steepness, but obviously those shots do not show it. Sometimes I capture steepness by shooting across the slope so you can see the angle of the trees. Maybe a real photographer could explain it.

kingslug

I'll have to recon that one..
And if I had to choose between snow or functioning locks...take the friggin locks off for all I care...I'll sleep on the floor and piss in a bucket...which describes some of the hotels I've stayed in over the years to save money so I can get in more trips...
I'll be at Hunter Monday ...ladies room stall lock rip report to follow...

Last edited:

catskillman

I like the fact that the place is held together with a rusty screw and a bent nail! It's the snow that counts most...........then the bar!

Except if you were the one that was on that chair on Z lift last season that broke!!

I will get a report on the ladies room tomorrow. It goes with saying that the one at the summit has to be in rough shape.

JimG.

Staff member
I'll have to recon that one..
And if I had to choose between snow or functioning locks...take the friggin locks off for all I car...I'll sleep on the floor and piss in a bucket...which describes some of the hotels I've stayed in over the years to save money so I can get in more trips...
I'll be at Hunter Monday ...ladies room stall lock rip report to follow...

Hopefully we won't have to bail you out.

TropicTundR

Thanks.
It is not an easy blue?:spin: Yesterday it was nice and soft so I could have some fun skiing it.

There are ways to show the steepness, but obviously those shots do not show it. Sometimes I capture steepness by shooting across the slope so you can see the angle of the trees. Maybe a real photographer could explain it.

Same reason the moon looks bigger on the horizon.....depth perception cues.

If there were big, thick slalom poles obstacles and narrower trails in POV

Hint:Next time look at the moon by cusping hands into tube and look at it (it returns to its "normal" size)

BTW... I noticed Hunter's bathroom by the locker seems to be manned more frequently, so it has that lavender clean smell,..occasionally.

catskillman

Ladies Room Report -
As expected the one's in the Summit Lodge are gross.
1. Signs hanging up saying not to drink the water due to high clorine count.
2. Yet they cook with that water!!!!!
3. Thye posted trail maps on the back of the stall doors which they find confusing
4. No baskets to hold gloves etc...... (Big complaint from many)

Main Lodge - downstairs
1.They cleaned up the entry a few years ago. There are now changing rooms and some mirrors other than those above the sinks.
2. No paper towels, welcome and unwelcome change. The air dryers are very loud. When they had a combo of the air dryers and paper kids regularry took the garbage can and held it under the dryers so all the used towels would fly around the room.
3. Floor is not mopped enough, acquatiance fell hard at the entry and had to be taken out in wheel chair a couple of seasons ago. Apparently still and issue - just like colonel's hall
4. Cleaned regurally, and many woman do not clean up after themselves. Clientel issue not mountaing issues.
5. some locks are hard to open, no complaints about a lack of locks.

Hope this answers you curiosity. Pictures not available.