• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 12-21-08

djspookman

Date(s) Skied: December 21, 2008

Resort or Ski Area: Magic

Conditions: Knee deep fluff w/ a "variable" base in places

Trip Report: My friend Jack and I got to the base around 9, skinned up, took our time up top in the ski patrol hut, headed down Witch to Goniffs Glade. Witch was absolutely beautiful! We (Jack, and 2 doggies) bobbed down thru the light knee deep fluff with ease!

Dropped into Goniffs and were slightly slowed by the hobble-brush, but the pitch helped us enjoy it more, bobbing up and down thru the wonderfully deep snow!

Got to Wand and decided we needed to do another lap before heading back to our families, so up we went. Got up top and decided to take Witch all the day down to Black Line to finish out our day. Whew! Again, knee deep fluff, but we both hit our share of rocks on the way down Witch, and caught a few down Black Line, so we fell quite a bit by getting snagged by the submerged beasts. Tired the doggies out too, as by the end, they weren't blazing their own trail anymore, but they were following our tracks, zig-zagging their way down. Ahh.. another fantastic day at Magic...

Last edited:

2knees

great pics. surprised at the amount of brush poking trough on goniff.

hope they get open soon. i need lifts.

djspookman

great pics. surprised at the amount of brush poking trough on goniff.

hope they get open soon. i need lifts.

lifts are spinning today!!!

the brush was only blackberry bushes, so they simply got knocked down easily :) was a great day!

oh, forgot to add vid footy too: crap.. can't embed flicker stuff.. oh well..

Last edited:

2knees

lifts are spinning today!!!

the brush was only blackberry bushes, so they simply got knocked down easily :) was a great day!

oh, forgot to add vid footy too: crap.. can't embed flicker stuff.. oh well..

i'll pm you my vimeo login if you want to post that video up!

i, for one, would LOVE to see it.