• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

montrail

LongStep

just curious on the montrail reputation. Been looking at Torre GTX Classic, and i see them online and at ems but I would like to hear what some of you have to say about montrail before I buy. any help is apreciated.

MAD777

A vote for Montrail

I have Montrail Comps, a gore-tex, mid-height, medium weight hiking shoe that I love! It's a little heavy and warm for summer but perfect for cool fall and not too frigid winter hikes. They love sloggin in mud. 100% waterproof. I put in superfeet green insoles and can backpack all day in total comfort on rough trails. Always good traction, too.

bigbog

"10"- support, "7" - comfort(personal-fit issues)

Nice boot, is symmetrical in the toebox(at least it WAS), which is where I had a little big-toe-exterior discomfort, but I imagine would just take tweaking from competent boot-guy? My thin ankle width was an "OK" fit..as the tongue(and whole ankle area-material) is not as thick as my Vasques, but other than those rather personal-fit issues, great comfort & support.

$.01
Steve

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
I would go Merrell. They are making some good stuff right now.
They both make excellent boots. You'd be hard pressed to rate one entire line over another.

But the only good boot is one that fits your feet, and some folks don't fit into certain brands. Try them on for a while in the store and make sure that you are comfortable in them. Take an hour or so of trying on and just wearing them in the store.