• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening Day Hunter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

JimG. said:
Mark DiGiovanni said:
JimG. said:
Ha! Funny how I got mentioned in there even though I'm staying out of it. I didn't realize I was rude to him the one time I posted about him. Oh well.

He didn't like getting showed up like that. Good job D!
i mentioned you. and im with the rest of you i think ski999 is a major dick.

Ah, so it was you Mark.

Wow, that guy gets pretty ridiculous; I told dmc I would stay out of it, but when he went off on this thing about owning and working for all those ski resorts I just had to pipe in.

I'm still not sure why he hates Hunter so much...my kids have skiied there since they were toddlers and have never had a problem with getting hit by other skiers. Maybe it's because I taught them to stay off to the side when they stop?

I'm guessing he worked for the ski school when the Plattners ran it and soured on Hunter when they were tossed out and Hunter took over. Can't really blame him if that's the case.

Thread got locked... Was hoping they'd ban me... Oh well...

dmc

JimG. said:
I'm still not sure why he hates Hunter so much...my kids have skiied there since they were toddlers and have never had a problem with getting hit by other skiers. Maybe it's because I taught them to stay off to the side when they stop

We know tons of people that have taught their kids to ski at Hunter... And they all turned out to be awesome siers.. Like your kids JimG... Those kids truck!

JimG.

Staff member
dmc said:

Aladdin the genie was getting a little annoyed at the ongoing nature of the thread.

Hey Mark, is the genie the site admin?

I'm guessing the thread was locked because they couldn't figure out a nice way to ban both of you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

dmc

JimG. said:
dmc said:

Aladdin the genie was getting a little annoyed at the ongoing nature of the thread.

Hey Mark, is the genie the site admin?

I'm guessing the thread was locked because they couldn't figure out a nice way to ban both of you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

You can't ban both the king of the Poconos and the Miesterberger of the Catskills... :)

Greg

Staff member
dmc said:
Have you ever said that about us, D? ;)

That thread was one big train wreck if I've ever seen one... :lol:

dmc

Greg said:
dmc said:
Have you ever said that about us, D? ;)

That thread was one big train wreck if I've ever seen one... :lol:

Of course - in the middle of that horrible political bloodfest.... I would've prefered to have been banned then have to battle with a "moderator".. It would've been better for everyone..

But - you know me - I'm not going to let someone blatently lie about where I live and ride.. His accusations of cigarette butts and bottle caps rainging from the chairs while 2000 stater jacketed people cram into one trail really made me mad..

I've had some bad experiences skiing.. And a lions share of them occurred in the Poconos...

JimG.

Staff member

dmc

JimG. said:
catskills said:
Since this thread is train wrecked anyway, psssst check this out.

POWPOW - does not like Hunter because of all the high hair NJ women. POWPOW has a wife and kid to boot. :blink:

Hey catskills, I think you just turned "choo choo dmc" onto another train wreck.

Bad boy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

BTW-sliding around on your own feces does not sound like fun to me.

I thought about going there and registering - but then i felt bad that they live somewhere where the skiing isn't all that great...

Funny... Classic Hunter over exageration by a gaper that just couldn't handle it in 1981... He still probably gets ribbed by his buddies for faceplanting on Belt Parkway... :)

dmc

RIDEr said:
I expect the people bashing Hunter are the people that can't enjoy Hunter. Let them speak their words and spend their time elsewhere so the true enthusiasts of Hunter will enjoy its trails on and off the trail map.

Very true... But I do want people to come here and support the town..

And it is fun to disprove them and make them look stupid... :)

ctenidae

You know what they say about arguing on the internet.

Still, it's amazing how easy it is to get someone's goat.

dmc

ctenidae said:
You know what they say about arguing on the internet.

Still, it's amazing how easy it is to get someone's goat.

baaaaaaah..... baaaaah... Isnt that what goats say?

BeanoNYC

Pow Pow's got some serious attitude. I wonder if he's ever been to Hunter? I don't care what anyone says .... I like that mountain a lot. The "vibe" there is unparralled.

ski9

I'm certainly flattered that you spent so much time and effort opening weekend worrying about me, Doug. The pics, the stories...jeez, I hardly know what to say!

Since your first visit to our local MB, I've been trying to recall something that might jog your memory about a few runs we took a looong time ago. I am terrible with dates, so it could have been '98 or '99. You were talking about moving down south (Georgia?)...or maybe you'd just moved back to NY. Not sure. But you'd asked about my K2 Winter Heats and the piezoelectric dampeners. I don't know if that's unique enough, or how your memory is, but we took a few bump runs. I recall you struggled quite a bit---not a knock but you were on a pair of stilts that were about one generation removed from hickory. There was enough snow for great bumps, but not everything was open, so I'm guessing it was a December midweek day.

It was memorable to me because someone in the office knew you pretty well.

It's been entertaining to find out that people who don't like Hunter are crappy intermediates and basically "dicks". I have some neg feelings regarding what happened during the "takeover" and I do tend to use hyperbole, but my opinions of Hunter and my experiences are honest and real. I've had kids toss snow balls at my classes while teaching at Mount Snow, as well as down here at a private ski hill in my community, but it was pretty regular to have lit cigarette butts tossed at us at Hunter.

That makes me a liar and a dick?

Okay.

But that would make a lot of people who've worked for near-minimum wage and crappy tips at Hunter liars and dicks.

Could it be that I had come down from Mount Snow? Maybe, but most of our guests were from the same place.

Can I pose a question to you? Would you be more inclined to notice angry drunk skiers/riders if you were just banging out laps, or if you were in charge of the safety and enjoyment of 10 beginner skiers?

Okay, I'm just a dick.

But my challenge to go head to head 4/1 at the BMMC stands. I'm sure you can smoke a crappy intermediate, like me. I haven't competed since before we took those runs.

Or how about the 1/29 GS at Hunter? Surely you can smoke some pathetic gaper from the Poconos! Heck, I can barely make my way down a decent NASTAR course, but I have $500 Skimom will pass on to your favorite charity that says your just another Hunter loudmouth hater.

Well, think about it and let me know. In the meantime, how about not picking fights with 15 yr old kids in my neighborhood?

Good luck with your crusade. Personally, I'd tighten security at Hunter and work on the issues from that angle. But if going around and bullying people that have had bad experiences at Hunter works, then by all means, go for it.

dmc

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

i knew it was only a matter of time before you came after me somewhere else...

I'm not going to race you on a course cause you'll win.. I would race you up and down the headwall at Tuckermans... thats more my speed...

Enjoy your missplaced hatred of Hunter and know that if over exagerate about it agian... i will call you out again... thats what I've been doing since Al Gore invented the internet...

And as far as that little punk from your hood that threatened to burn down my house.. i could care less... He's the kind of snot nosed brat that gives skiing a bad name...

Later... 999....

Maybe if you resonded to my PM we could've hit it off better... But i have absolutely no clue who you are and at this point I don't care...

Status
Not open for further replies.