• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Opening Day Hunter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

Oh and I stand by my statement that you are a liar... Or maybe just an over exagerator... To make yoursalef look like you've made the right choice to make Montage your home Mt... And I don't have anything against Montage.. It's a decent place for PA...

dmc

And to the board... Since I've cause issues calling people out in the past after they've said incoreect stuff - I pledge to you that I will not respond to anymore of this guys BS... I'm done with the king of the Poconos... :)

king of poconos

dmc said:
And as far as that little punk from your hood that threatened to burn down my house.. i could care less... He's the kind of snot nosed brat that gives skiing a bad name...

Hey thats right i did say that. The reason i said it is, because you said o im a winy bitch and i dont want you guys to bad talk hunter because my friends and i will lose our jobs. Guess what, there are no 5 or 10 times a year skiers on PASR. Its people who get at least 40+ a year. They dont care what a few peoples opinions are, if they want to go somewere they will. So quit your bitching and shut up. If you want to ski this weekend, i would happily make you look like an ass out there. But, seriously there is a good chance i will be at Hunter on Saturday. If you have the balls to come up to me and say hey, or other choice words, I will be wearing a green jacket and green pants. jacket has a fur hood. I will have a silver helmet with stickers all over it and 06 Armada Ar5. I hope to see you there.

Also your right i am the reason why skiing is getting a bad name. And i like that, so should you. Skiing would be nothing anymore if it wasnt for younf foul mouthed park skiers, we are bringing the sport back. If it wasnt for us either everyone would be on a snowboard, or they would lose intrest in your old man skiing.

highpeaksdrifter

I just got through the whole PA thread, it was kinda interesting at first, but in the end it was just exhausting to read.

I don’t get how two obviously intelligent people who are both passionate about the alpine life can act like a couple of pissed off high school kids passing nasty notes all day.

One guy loves Hunter, one guy hates it, so what?

dmc

highpeaksdrifter said:

So what??? So what if people publically diss a ski area and it causes a downslide of skier visits..??

So the ski area has less skier visits and they maybe the moutain cuts back pn snowmaking or something.... But what about the town that sits at it's base and struggles to survive??
What do you think these towns get subsidized by the mountain when it gets less popular???
No - they are dependent on that mountain...
And I'm certainly not going to wait for Hunter to turn this BS around... I live here.. I'm doing it myself...

Difference is - I love Hunter because I live here and want the town to grow and prosper...
The other just hates it cause people were mean to him 10 years ago...

I really hope people can see the difference.. I'm defending my livelyhood... He;s just being a loudmouth...

dmc

king of poconos said:
And as far as that little punk from your hood that threatened to burn down my house.. i could care less... He's the kind of snot nosed brat that gives skiing a bad name...
quote]

Hey thats right i did say that. The reason i said it is, because you said o im a winy bitch and i dont want you guys to bad talk hunter because my friends and i will lose our jobs. Guess what, there are no 5 or 10 times a year skiers on PASR. Its people who get at least 40+ a year. They dont care what a few peoples opinions are, if they want to go somewere they will. So quit your bitching and shut up. If you want to ski this weekend, i would happily make you look like an ass out there. But, seriously there is a good chance i will be at Hunter on Saturday. If you have the balls to come up to me and say hey, or other choice words, I will be wearing a green jacket and green pants. jacket has a fur hood. I will have a silver helmet with stickers all over it and 06 Armada Ar5. I hope to see you there.

Also your right i am the reason why skiing is getting a bad name. And i like that, so should you. Skiing would be nothing anymore if it wasnt for younf foul mouthed park skiers, we are bringing the sport back. If it wasnt for us either everyone would be on a snowboard, or they would lose intrest in your old man skiing.

question... If you hate hunter SO much - why are you going??

Mark D

JimG. said:
dmc said:
Thread got locked... Was hoping they'd ban me... Oh well...

Aladdin the genie was getting a little annoyed at the ongoing nature of the thread.

Hey Mark, is the genie the site admin?

I'm guessing the thread was locked because they couldn't figure out a nice way to ban both of you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !

yeah he is. he also pretty much funds the entire site so i have a lot of respect for him.

highpeaksdrifter

dmc said:
highpeaksdrifter said:

So what??? So what if people publically diss a ski area and it causes a downslide of skier visits..??

Comon, people have been dissing Hunter for years. You have said as much yourself. They seem to be holding on just fine. With all the real estate expansion going on there now, maybe better then ever.

Hunter will always have a hugh customer base. It's not ever going to be considered a mild mannered family type of place. Its a ski hard and party hard destination. That's it's nitch, and there is nothing wrong with that.

dmc

highpeaksdrifter said:
Comon, people have been dissing Hunter for years. You have said as much yourself. They seem to be holding on just fine. With all the real estate expansion going on there now, maybe better then ever.

Hunter will always have a hugh customer base. It's not ever going to be considered a mild mannered family type of place. Its a ski hard and party hard destination. That's it's nitch, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Your missing the point...

The town needs to grow... People used to come here and stay - we used to have a nightlife. thats the genesis of Hunters party stigma.. That nightlife supported lots of businesses... But now - people don't drink and party here... many nighspots have closed.. the demographic is changing..

The real estate expansion only benfits the mountain... They could care less about the town for the most part.. They approach expansion unilaterally.

We want people to come to Hunter as a destination... Stay - enjoy the area.. Spend money at local places..

I don't think it's cool to blast ski areas anymore - my tune has changed listening to people trying to scratch out a living... Ski areas support towns...

Mark D

DMC you may not change ski9's mind but you can help make mine up. pick a weekend when all or most of the mtn will be open and i'll come up with anouther pa only skiier and you can show us around. how does that sound?

dmc

Mark DiGiovanni said:
DMC you may not change ski9's mind but you can help make mine up. pick a weekend when all or most of the mtn will be open and i'll come up with anouther pa only skiier and you can show us around. how does that sound?

I'm down with that... Let me know when your coming up and I'll show you the place...

I'd say anytime after the New year drop me a PM... I'd be psyched!

You ski trees?

Mark D

i try but i dont have much practice. i think if i whent somewere with accual snow i could. i norimly board in souther pa so its hard to get enought snow to cover the rocks and roots.

edit: and i ski worse then i spell so i have to stick to my one board.

awf170

Mark DiGiovanni said:
i try but i dont have much practice. i think if i whent somewere with accual snow i could. i norimly board in souther pa so its hard to get enought snow to cover the rocks and roots.

We should have you and snowmaker go at it in a spelling/grammar contest :wink:

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
Mark DiGiovanni said:

Easy. We owe a lot to them snowmakers!

Mark D

hey im a snowmaker too. im trying to covince my dad to let me build a fan gun. :D

dmc

Greg said:
awf170 said:
Mark DiGiovanni said:

I would've been sitting on my ass or doing housework for the last three days if it wasn't for those guys...
Hopefully ULLR will give us more snow tomorrow... :)

awf170

Greg said:
awf170 said:
Mark DiGiovanni said:

I think being out and cold, getting hit with snow pellets, and not sleeping at night does something to the brain cells... :wink:

rjc1976

dmc said:
Your missing the point...

The town needs to grow... People used to come here and stay - we used to have a nightlife. thats the genesis of Hunters party stigma.. That nightlife supported lots of businesses... But now - people don't drink and party here... many nighspots have closed.. the demographic is changing..

The real estate expansion only benfits the mountain... They could care less about the town for the most part.. They approach expansion unilaterally.

We want people to come to Hunter as a destination... Stay - enjoy the area.. Spend money at local places..

I don't think it's cool to blast ski areas anymore - my tune has changed listening to people trying to scratch out a living... Ski areas support towns...

You know the area better than I do, so I have a question on this. It's obvious that the nightlife is not what it used to be. However, you also imply that people aren't staying anymore. Is this really the case (ie are the hotels not booking up as they used to), or is it just that you are not getting the big partiers anymore? With real estate expansion, wouldn't more people become regular vacationers there and therefore end up spending money on restaurants and other things? Even if the bar scene is fading, I was under the impression that restaurants and other businesses were doing better compared to 10 years ago. Is this not the case? I don't actually know, but that's the impression that I've heard. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

dmc

rjc1976 said:
You know the area better than I do, so I have a question on this. It's obvious that the nightlife is not what it used to be. However, you also imply that people aren't staying anymore. Is this really the case (ie are the hotels not booking up as they used to), or is it just that you are not getting the big partiers anymore? With real estate expansion, wouldn't more people become regular vacationers there and therefore end up spending money on restaurants and other things? Even if the bar scene is fading, I was under the impression that restaurants and other businesses were doing better compared to 10 years ago. Is this not the case? I don't actually know, but that's the impression that I've heard. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this.

The rental market is WAY down... People aren't renting seasonaly like they used to.. And thats a big hit...

My friend owned a resturant/bar in the village - he had to close it... Not enough consistant business..
10 years ago people were waiting to get in - last year he'd be lucky if a few tables were filled..

People are gambling on the future right now... Lot's of stuff getting built... What we don't need is missinformation - we need people that support the ski industry to support us... Our town is at a crossroad right now...

SkiDork

dmc said:
The rental market is WAY down... People aren't renting seasonaly like they used to.. And thats a big hit...

Why is that? I know that SkiNutDave used to be a season ski share at Hunter, and now he's been up at K the least few years. But he's not a good example because he moved up to VT.

Status
Not open for further replies.