• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

opening day

Vortex

Loon is opening Nov 22nd. That is the plan posted on the web page.

last year it ended up being the day after x-Giving. The days of two weekends before turkey day are long gone. Not sure if I'll make it this year. I have made the opening day for the last 6 years. I would bet Waterville will open the Sat before on high country. Hopefully I'll get alot of early use out of my ASC Pass.

AdironRider

My bet goes to Killington, as the bunny hill they'll probably open at Bretton Woods first doesn't count.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I am hoping for K-Mart as well...now that we are skiing there...see you all there.

loafer89

If Woodbury manages to open in October with the standard 10 turn length patch of snow and a rope tow I will be there. At least now it will be closer to where I will be living.

ga2ski

You can count on me to be at whichever mountain has top to bottom first, especially if it is K or SR. I'm beating on K. Although I said it before Wildact would be nice again. Come on Snowicanes.

thaller1

ga2ski said:
You can count on me to be at whichever mountain has top to bottom first, especially if it is K or SR. I'm beating on K. Although I said it before Wildact would be nice again. Come on Snowicanes.

I'm with you..first open first visited! :) I've got new gear to sport! I'm itchy! ha ha ha

Vortex

I have a place closer to the river. If is is the only option I will gladly be there. Please shower though.

If both are open I will be at the River.

Hawkshot99

Hopefully for me, my first day will be Turkey day at Hunter for a few hours on my way up north to see family. Was gonna go last year, but the roads were real bad with teh snow.

NYDrew

hunter tied K-mart last year (along with a few others) for 11/12 or 11/18 (I know it was a multiple of 6). I was at hunter what ever day that was

Zand

I just got my SP renewal form in the mail today from Wachusett. Like usual, it says November 24th, give or take a few for weather.