• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Peak Resorts -- New Resort Targets?

skiatomic

With Peak going public -- much of it to pay down debt, clearly...their offering documents clearly speak towards future acquisitions.

Any thoughts on acquistion targets in New England?

Thoughts?

thetrailboss

Staff member
I doubt that they will be expanding. I think that they are more focused on putting things in financial order right now and operating their "portfolio" rather than going on an LBO buying spree.

john1200c

Well they have something in Vermont and a few in NH....perhaps time to reach into Maine.

I'll go with Sunday River or Shawnee due to their proximity to MWV....probably the latter.

vcunning

I can't believe it's been over 6 hours and nobody has mentioned the Sundown word.

AdironRider

Ever been to nelsap.org?

While NELSAP is really cool to cruise around and see what used to be there, there are very few if any areas that I really feel that bad about as if Im missing something.

I don't see really the need for any more ski areas, there are plenty as it is. I like the Shawnee prospect. Ive always thought that place was really underrated. I bet the new summit lift has only made it better. Two distinct base areas, pretty much lakefront property, should still be plenty of real estate to develop if they wanted. Seems like all the pieces are there.

drjeff

Out of curiosity, is there any prime undeveloped land that could turn into a new mountain anywhere?

Yup. But then there's that little issue of getting the multiple permits, environmental impact studies, etc, etc, etc that a potential from scratch new devloper would have to face, which would likely already consume a few years and millions of dollars BEFORE construction could begin :eek:

mrksn

I'd love for Peaks to buy Blue Mountain.

I second that but with JFBB in their portfolio that probably won't happen. Blue has come a long way in the past few years.. I would think they are ripe for the right investor