• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Peeing while skiing

Pee in the woods?

• Yes

Votes: 61 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Depends on how busy it is

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • No, I'm a girl

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

bvibert

Staff member
What's with the poll answers? Woman here...woods pee-er. I'm germ phobic, and the thought of going into a public restroom with all my ski gear grosses me out. Nevermind the time it takes. I've perfected my tecnique over the years :grin:

Sorry, no offense intended. Just thought it was funny, in fact it was almost the only "No" choice...

Most women I know do not like peeing in the woods..

wa-loaf

I cant stand the feeling of having to go, when I am racing. So part of my pre-run preparation is taking a leak in the woods. Not so much fun when wearing a GS suit though....

Never understood why the zippers stop 14" too short.

I make sure I go right before putting the suit on. And avoid any beverages until I'm ready to get out.

SkiFanE

Sorry, no offense intended. Just thought it was funny, in fact it was almost the only "No" choice...

Yeah...I'm definitely an outlier lol, but I prefer to ski from first to last run w/o needing to step into a lodge, and there's theres no other way around it beside communing with nature.

2sons

http://www.campmor.com/lady-j.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=80976&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Pull one of these bad boys out of your pocket and you're good to go!

Talisman

http://www.campmor.com/lady-j.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=80976&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Don't forget to bring a zip lock bag to put the "Lady J" in after using it so your pocket doesn't get soggy or stinky.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

It's not the peeing in the woods that's the problem so much as having to expose so much bare skin in the brisk winter air. Or having the risk of someone catching you with your pants...base layer...and underwear down. ;)

My FIL got my daughter some disposable option for peeing standing up, to help her when she goes hiking with him. She had some...aim...issues.

catskills

My FIL got my daughter some disposable option for peeing standing up, to help her when she goes hiking with him. She had some...aim...issues.
Yeah it takes practice. Once you can write your name in the snow you pretty much an expert. ;)

bigb

I have to revive this thread. I pee outside always. Maybe that's different in Europe, but here, I do not even go in the woods. Usually, I just stop at the side of the slope and take my piss there. Or, like many other guys do it, I just get off my skis and go to a fence/bush near the lift station. Even though most lift stations have lodges nearby or bathrooms, I prefer the outdoors. It's just faster and really convenient to just whip it out there. Plus, it is not crowded and even if someone decides to use the same spot, there's enough room usually haha.
Considering the amount of yellow snow around some lifts and slopes, I'm not the only one with this attitude haha

cdskier

LOL. Either one hell of a first post or a really odd AI bot!

I once rode a chair with someone (that I didn't know) that peed off the side of the chair. (It was during the Stein's Challenge and the person didn't want to lose any time!)