• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prayers needed for a fellow skier

Geoff

Sucks

5719038052_f4988e5f09_b.jpg

mister moose

◄------- Avitar photo shot by Andy Z on a gorgeous glad to be alive spring bump day after a group hike to the peak at Killington. Very sorry to see you go so soon.

wa-loaf

Cancer sucks. Ski in peace Andy Z. I'm glad you got to enjoy the MRG tickets I passed onto you last season. :-(

Puck it

Wow. This sucks. It did not sound very good with the news yesterday but that was fast. Hopefully, he was remembering his ski days at Kton when he passed.

gorgonzola

Sorry to hear this, enjoyed his posts over the years. Never got to ski with him but tried to get together at tucks a few years ago, rip and condolences to his family

snowmonster

I live on the other side of the planet now and I woke up to hear this terrible news. I felt terrible to hear this and I've offered a prayer for Andy. Condolences to Vee, his family and friends.

I first met Andy at Burke-a-palooza, a ski day at Burke 2007 that thetrailboss put together. We became fast friends. As many of you know, I am a foreigner and was feeling sheep-ish about my outsider status. Andy immediately welcomed me into the group saying: "We all come from somewhere else." That made me feel good. We skied K on the last day of 07 (the funeral on K Peak) then a week later, he introduced me to Tux for the first time. In later years, we skied Sugarbush (on a Good Friday once) and tried to meet up again for Tux. We lost touch over the years because of disputes real or imagined. But, at a time like this, we remember the good things. So, I remember my friend, Andy, for the enthusiastic skier that he was. Thanks for sharing your passion for this sport with me. From now on, may your turns forever be powder-filled, my friend!

speden

Pancreatic cancer is a tough one to beat. Kind of puts things in perspective. Every day is a gift. R.I.P. Andy.

MadPadraic

Andy put together the first trip I ever took to Tucks. I didn't know anyone on that trip, but he made sure we all had a good time. After the hike I lost my keys in the mud and he stayed with me in the parking lot after dark until I finally found them. To say that he was very kind and very nice is a major understatement.