• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RUMOR - Mount Snow not opening on Thanksgiving Weekend...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Oh yeah, and if I may add my opinion to a discussion from before, "skiing" is whatever makes you happy; whether it be trees, steeps, bumps, powder or jibs. Why can't we all just agree that we have our own happy places and they all revolve around having two planks stuck to our feet and a huge smile on our faces.
:beer:

So dressing the kids up in ski clothes and bringing them to a grassy ski area won't work for tempting Ullr? :lol:

mtsnowfish

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.mountsnow.com
Thanks! I wish the snow was easier to see though, it works much better on a darker background..

Flip flops aren't allowed where I work, otherwise I'd be joining you in that reverse psychology thing. 8)

Flip flops are not allowed at MS either but for psychology reasons we allow Vinnie to stink us all out with his nasty feet stank to maybe entice Mother Nature to be sure that Mr. Lewis puts some boots back on..

It will be interesting to see when the temps do come as it will like the start of a NASCAR. SNOWMAKERS: START YOUR HEADLAMPS.

Either way I'll be doing the snow dance at the Snow Barn Friday night. You should come I'm quite the dancer...

mastergunnera8

UGH!!! Not great news...

My only bright spot is that I won't be there until the week before Christmas...but would have considered doing an early weekend without the family if possible...

Went and got a season pass this year...so SNOW ON!!!

Vinny

In March, after tons of snow throughout the winter intermingled with lots of blue sky days, we'll have to start a "Remember when we were annoyed that we didn't open for Thanksgiving" thread.

There's still hope for a really great season!

Glenn

Warren Miller had a good article a month or so ago on skiing in March...and how early season, everyone skis on a limited number of trails with sometimes thin coverage. Then in March, when it's warmer, bases are a mile deep....3/4 of the people are "golfing". Irony at it best since I don't golf.

WJenness

Warren Miller had a good article a month or so ago on skiing in March...and how early season, everyone skis on a limited number of trails with sometimes thin coverage. Then in March, when it's warmer, bases are a mile deep....3/4 of the people are "golfing". Irony at it best since I don't golf.

I think it's a big part of the American psyche to be on the cutting edge and be the first to do whatever it is 'next' instead of enjoying the moment...

-w

Glenn

I think it's a big part of the American psyche to be on the cutting edge and be the first to do whatever it is 'next' instead of enjoying the moment...

-w

I can't wait to not golf and enjoy spring skiiing. :spin:

vlewis

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Hey everyone, hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Just wanted to update you on our opening status. We will not open this weekend but are anticipating some natural snow tonight. However more importantly we are getting a good long range forecast to make snow. We anticipate being open for next weekend (Dec 5-6) if not sooner.

jaywbigred

I can't wait to not golf and enjoy spring skiiing. :spin:

That makes two of us. I put the clubs away in early October and proclaimed "Now it's ski season!" I've been forced to take them back out 3 or 4 times since then without really wanting to.

Hey everyone, hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Just wanted to update you on our opening status. We will not open this weekend but are anticipating some natural snow tonight. However more importantly we are getting a good long range forecast to make snow. We anticipate being open for next weekend (Dec 5-6) if not sooner.

WOOHOOO!!! Decent coverage hopefully for demo day! :fangun: :fangun: :fangun: :fangun: :fangun:

vcunning

WOOHOOO!!! Decent coverage hopefully for demo day! :fangun: :fangun: :fangun: :fangun: :fangun:

According to the "In the Air" publication . . . . that one page update that Mount Snow puts on the tables in the base lodge, etc. . . . Demo Day has been postponed to an undetermined future date. I just saw it this morning, killing some time, walking around the base lodge.

faceplant

We're ready

just heard this on the radio-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sKEDTOuquU

'You and I
We'll find a reason
To simplify a change of season
And I feel like it's time we were off on our way

We can go so much farther than we've come today
Holdin' on girl and come what may
Come what may
We're ready!"

crank it up
nuff said already

Glenn

Bump....

Just wanted to get a first hand report from our top 10 skier Highway Star regarding the conditions at Killington this weekend. Update?

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Bump....

Just wanted to get a first hand report from our top 10 skier Highway Star regarding the conditions at Killington this weekend. Update?

You mean this past weekend when Killington didn't open either?

Highway Star

Bump....

Great skiing at Killington this weekend!

We skied Pico top to bottom though....:wink: